1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help,maybe a scam of modchipstore.com!

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by jemil13, Aug 29, 2007.

1. jemil13

jemil13 Member

I bought a R4DS since july 13 and I have not recieved it,and it said my order is processed,I send many emails to the store I dont recieve any response,please help!! Thanks in advance!

2. lucidus

lucidus Member

It definitely sounds fishy to me to not have received the item after over a month. Did they already take your money out of your credit/debit card/Paypal? If they did, what I would do is file a payment dispute with your bank or Paypal. They'll investigate it and issue you a refund if they find fault with the merchant.

3. ary163

ary163 Guest

Luckly, I have got my R4DS which is ordered from edited by ddp last week, and they tell me that R4DS is full in store now.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2007
  4. jemil13

jemil13 Member

I paid it with a visa debit card...where I can check if they recieve the payment?

5. spathi

spathi Regular member

Last edited: Aug 30, 2007
  6. jemil13

jemil13 Member

They have not give me my money back and there site if you go now,do not exist...Oh God! Waht I gonna do now?

7. spathi

spathi Regular member

email the guy: jarrettmodc@gmail.com

Link to this thread. ask him what the hell is happening?

they have had issues like this before and they have always come back, as far as i know. I have never shopped with them though, because i live on the other side of the planet (so HK companies are closer)

Cheers

PS. for the future, remember to look up a site in forums and search engiens before you buy from them. modchipstore has 'my flash cart was never sent' threads from way back in 2003. I would never buy from a place like that.

They have not one but several threads filled with complaints on almost every backup/mod chip/cart discussion forum out there including the one you're reading right now.

You may have to write off the money you sent these people. Contact your bank and try to have the transaction reversed. The site you ordered from was closed, so there should be no major issues. Tell your bank that the product was never delivered and the site is now closed. Can you tell me what it says in your bank statement for thsi transaction? does it mention modchipstore?

Last edited: Sep 2, 2007
  8. jemil13

jemil13 Member

I had no transaction because I buy it with a Visa Debit card.Thanks for all the help!

9. spathi

spathi Regular member

this doesnt sound right... a debit card means your bank account was debited when they ran the card. care to explain what you mean by this? if you saw the money was debited, then that will show up in your bank account.

10. cjfc

cjfc Member

wow...I have been waiting for my R4DS to come from modchipstore.com for about 6 weeks now and i've been wondering why it hasnt come yet. I hope i can get my money back. I stilll can't belive they shutdown the website. Is this the first time or what?

11. pumkin54

pumkin54 Member

I noticed that at almost all of mod stores on Google, the M3 Simply and Lite were out of stock all of a sudden. For the past month or so... I was wondering what happened! I vaguely heard of the mod raid, but didn't realize it was so widespread.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2007
  12. spathi

spathi Regular member

this is certainly the first time such a large scale raid was implemented. The premises of the raid and seizures are legally in a gray area at best, because these devices and chips do break the dmca's broad definition of 'devices that are designed with the intention to circumvent copyright protection', copyright law defines fair use that does allow legitimate owners of any copyrighted product to make backups for their own use.

if only the copyright producers were willing to replace damaged media at cost, this would simply not be a defense, and the only legit reason for making mod chips would be to circumvent region protection. but they'd rather spend all that money on lawyers.

anyway, to get back on topic, based on my limited google research, this is certainly not the first time modchipstore.com has vanished and gone 'absconding'

13. jemil13

jemil13 Member

I bought the visa debit card from Walgreens.So I think that maybe going to a bank will not help me.

14. FagLethal

FagLethal Member

I thought the store was raided or maybe they are just lying low because of the raid. Anyway something similar happened to me 2 years ago. If you have the card, and it has a Visa logo on it, then you can call the number on the back, VISA, and ask for charge disputes. Tell them that after 6 weeks, you have not recieved your ordered product. Basically Visa has more leverage then Joe Smoe, they give the company 4 weeks to prove that you got the product or Visa refunds you the money and Visa goes after them on their own.

My friend bought something online with a visa gift card and after he complained, he got his money back credited to the card. It took 28 days from day of complaint. All you need is the website name and the date you ordered it.

15. pumkin54

pumkin54 Member

Yes, definitely a Visa card is a Visa card, whether it was obtained through Walgreens or a bank. They all enjoy the same basic benefits. Give 'em a call!

16. jemil13

jemil13 Member

I called visa and they said that had past two months and they cant do anything but the good news are that http://modchipstore.com/ is back,so maybe they will give a refund...I dont know.(sorry for my bad english)