1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NEED HELP NETGEAR WGR614

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by poolplaya, Feb 2, 2008.

1. poolplaya

poolplaya Member

i bought a netgear wgr614 dsl cable router and have connected it to mynow wireless modem and pc. however when i get to the activation part of the installation it says no connection was detected. ive connected the modem with a usb to the computer and an ethernet to the router. the modem has ethernet and usb ports on the back.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2008
  2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

you have it wired up wrong. router connects pc to modem so a cable goes from modem to wan port of router then a netcable from router port to pc net port.

3. poolplaya

poolplaya Member

its connected like this... modem to router and router to pc. the modem is connected to the router with an ethernet cable and an ethernet cable to the pc from the router. the usb is connected to the computer from the modem but this is only because i do not get an internet connection without it. when i try plugging in the ethernet alone ( both with and without the router) i keep getting errors saying binded adapters not found.

4. ddp

you can't have it like that with the usb. get your netcard problem in your other thread resolved 1st & then should have no problem with router. what is your purpose for the router?

5. poolplaya

poolplaya Member

yh i wanted to sort that problem out so i could fix this. i need a router so i can play ps3 online.

6. ddp

so fix the netcard problem 1st.

7. poolplaya

poolplaya Member

thanks for the help the internet is working through the router. But the ps3 isnt connecting to the internet.

8. ddp