1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need help networking a printer....

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by kebbin, Jan 1, 2006.

1. kebbin

kebbin Member

im trying to get my computer downstairs to print on the computer upstairs but it wont let me access the computer upstairs. i can see both computers on the "Home" network and they have different names. The odd thing is the computer upstairs can access the computer downstairs but not vice versa. i guess one solution would be to move the printer downstairs but theres got to be another way. both computers are running win xp the downstairs has sp2 and the upstairs one doesnt. thanks

2. kebbin

kebbin Member

got it to work nevermind but if anyone else has this problem this is what i did....

Using Regedit.exe ... HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa DWORD KEY "restrictanonymous" = 0 Then reboot. Notice that it lowers somewhat the security level for the anonymous logins on your XP Home PC, so you should have on top of this an independent firewall enabled (ZoneAlarm for instance). Hope this helps.