1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help on bios for xecuter v1.0 - 1.5

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by losgringo, Apr 12, 2007.

1. losgringo

losgringo Member

I am having trouble getting the bios for this to work. The chip and new hd is in. I have tried multiple disc types incase the dvd wont read (it is a thompson). Any help on which bios to use.

thanks

2. casper007

casper007 Guest

Answer these for me.

What chip are you trying to flash, And is it a Flash screen you see first or a cromwell??????

Let me know then i can help.

3. losgringo

losgringo Member

It is an Xecuter X3 CE ModChip. The flash bios 3.03 screen comes up and I cannot get past there.

Thanks,

4. casper007

casper007 Guest

Ok if you have a link between your xbox and pc and have the bios you wanna use on the pc the selsct a network flash on the flash 3.03 screen the ste your network on pc to the settings of the flash 3.03 screen

Your pc network settings should look like this

IP 192.168.1.101

Subnet mask 225.225.225.0

Default gateway (set the same as ip on screen of flash 3.03)

now open your Ie browser or firefox browser and type the ip of your flash 3.03 into address bar.

you now have a network flash on your pc.

select the browse tab and find your bios, now upload and flash.

job done!!!!!

i had to do exactly the same only 5 days ago so i know it all works, but if you have a problem let me know.

make sure you have a suitable bios and from a reliable sorce!

5. usmc7356

usmc7356 Member

Casper... I am with the gringo trying to help him on his box... The hard drive already has x3 3294 on it and all of the apps he needs. I used my box to get his hdd is already completely set up. When i plug the drive back into his box it goes to the flash bios 3.03 screen and will not let me past it. I already flashed it via disc but can't get it to boot to the utilities screen or xbmc dash. I have the exact same chip... the xecuter 3. the only differeneces are that he has the xapter wireless install on a v1.0 and i did a wire install on a 1.6 please help get past the flashbios screen. PS. I can not connect via network even though it is hooked up to my pc. MY xbox will work fine with same connection. IS the chip even installed right?

6. casper007

casper007 Guest

I cant see why it aint installed right if you get the flash screen up....? Ok when the screen comes up are you able to select how you wanna flash the chip via the menu?

I had the same problem with an xecuter 2.6, i had to flash the chip 5 times and then leave the box off for a few minutes befor the bios took.

Check the install of the chip make sure all points have good contact.

Also try flashing with another bios like the x3.3294, you can get a whole lot of x3 bios from the Aid 3.10 installer of which may help.

Also have you trid formatting his hdd and resoring it to its factory condition??? And if its a upgrade Hdd then use the xboxhdm to create a new Hdd for the xbox with just the factory setting on it.

keep me posted as to your findings, or if you need more help.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2007
  7. janrocks

janrocks Guest

Sounds like flash protect is enabled, or you are flashing the wrong banks.

Bank one.. on on off off off
    Bank two.. off on off off off

Also check the flash protect switch on the chip itself.

8. casper007

casper007 Guest

Whoops, How stupid of me to forget the simple thing like that, thanks janrocks... Lets hope he gets it sorted A!

9. janrocks

janrocks Guest

Late report.. some of the flash protect switches on the latest x3's are reversed.. try both ways..

10. losgringo

losgringo Member

Thanks for all the help. I am up and running now. Turned out it was the Thompson DVD. It would not read most brands of dvd/cd.