1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need help on finding the name of a song from a video

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by SniperGod, Feb 18, 2007.

1. SniperGod

SniperGod Guest

2. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

if you go to 411 song and play the song and have your -phone up to the speaker it will tell you what the song is, i might be wrong with the name of the service but you should do a google search and you will be able to find it

3. SniperGod

SniperGod Guest

so u dont know what the songs might be called ? ?

4. Indochine

Indochine Regular member

The songs are by a band called Makeshift, they are from Anchorage, Alaska, USA, they are the first two songs on their album called "The Measure Of Who We Are". The first song is called "Ready", the second one is called "Waiting So Long".

I found this out by listening to the first song. I heard the words "Life hasn't passed you by" and also "will you be ready". I typed the following query into Google-

"life hasn't passed you by" lyrics

The quote marks mean Google finds the whole phrase just as I typed it, rather than just finding the words separately. Adding a space and then the word lyrics means Google will find pages with that phrase and also that word, so that if it finds anything, there's a pretty good chance it will have some useful information.

In fact this led me fairly easily to Makeshift's web site where the full lyrics of their albums are shown.

http://www.makeshiftak.com/

here is a blog about them

http://community.adn.com/?q=play/blogs/jniva/makeshift_makes_good

Last edited: Feb 20, 2007
  5. SniperGod

SniperGod Guest

dang man thanks a lot for your help