1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help on HD problems...

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by chet89, May 5, 2009.

1. chet89

chet89 Member

I have two xboxs. The first one I installed unleashedX on and worked like a charm untill it wouldn't turn off. I had to unplug it from the wall to turn it off and plug it back in for it to turn on. then, it started rebooting at random times. ULX is installed on this box.

so, I buy a buddies xbox and install ULX on it and... I'm not sure what went wrong but none of the sounds work in the dash, and the X in the middle (default theme) is all squished looking. the scroll time is messed up too. I tried to use my backup to go back to the MS dash so I could reinstall ULX but, i dunno if it's corrupt or what but it just reboots back into the ULX dash.

so, my thought was to just swap hard drives... I get an error 6 whenever I hook my old HD into the new box. I know its because of the eeprom and I've tried hotswapping (didn't work for some reason) so now I'm not sure what to do.

--Thanks

2. dennisv9

dennisv9 Regular member

your first xbox has corrosion on some of the traces, that is making it reboot at random and that is why you cannot turn it off without unplugging it. if you are handy, you can retrace some of corroded traces. there is tutorial floating around on the internet, www.llamma.com

for reading out the eeprom you can use a chip or build the eeprom reader. in this manner you can read out the eeprom of both xboxes.

but as long as your second (buddies) xbox works, can't you boot a sid installer and backup your eeprom. or install configmagic? or run the slayer/aid disc and back up the eeprom that way?