1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help on installing/running liberte linux/live usb on a partitioned/hidden flash drive?

Discussion in 'Linux - General discussion' started by homersimpson, Jun 8, 2012.

1. homersimpson

homersimpson Member

I have managed to follow the steps and encrypt my usb creating an outer and inner layer and it is working really well, I am able to store files on the hidden layer and it works no problem!

However I extract and run liberte linux to the hidden folder then restart my computer booting from usb assuming that it would configure liberte linux and let me run the OS once I have entered my hidden layer password but it doesn't.

It just asks me to remove media and press any key to reboot?

Please someone tell me what I'm doing wrong :(
    Do I have to boot up the hidden OS within TrueCrypt?

Thanks

2. homersimpson

homersimpson Member

3. Schmick

Schmick Member

RTFM

http://www.truecrypt.org/docs/?s=issues-and-limitations

Hidden drives/partitions are pretty much a waste of time - still rather obvious that something is hidden there, and still susceptible to rubber hose attacks. You might even win some extra waterboarding while they try to work out how many layers of encryption you're using or if they suspect a decoy key has been given over - wouldn't that be fun!

Just use LUKS partition encryption. Built in support in the kernel makes it nice and easy. If you really want deniability, don't make your key able to be memorised, and store it on something that can be quickly and reliably lost/destroyed.