1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help on what shells are?

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by moto2000, Mar 27, 2007.

1. moto2000

moto2000 Member

Sorry for being such a noob, but i'd like to know this stuff better. I understand that M3 bundles their cards with moonshell which allows for video/audio play and so forth. But Ive also heard of others such as DSOrganize. How is this different, and how would you put this on your card? Would it replace moonshell or do you just run it as a seperate app?

2. mr_hanky

mr_hanky Regular member

DSorganise is a homebrew application for the DS, it focues on allowing the DS to be used as a PDA, it includes a calender, address book, notepad, scribble function, irc, music player, homebrew downloads, and various other functions. I believe the latest version also has an internet browser, though I have not checked.

You drag the DSorganise folder and .nds file onto your MicroSD card, you also need to DLDI patch it using the R4DS/M3DS DLDI patch.

There are many other homebrew programs/games freely available for the DS. Moonshell and DSorganise just happen to be the most well-known, very good applications availble.

3. moto2000

moto2000 Member

thanks mr. hanky, i read your guides and found them really helpful. good work and thank you again!