1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help picking new GFX card to play SWToR on

Discussion in 'Building a new PC' started by Ksan01, Dec 27, 2011.

1. Ksan01

Ksan01 Member

I have an older computer with a Asus MB, 4GB ram, 650 watt PSU and a core2duo cpu at 2.4. I am running a 8800GTX gpu right now and wanted to upgrade. What do you guys think would be a good card to upgrade to or would anything more bottleneck my CPU? Thanks for the help.

2. Red.Eye.Shot

Red.Eye.Shot Member

I'm pretty sure your CPU would be doing the bottlenecking on the GPU. Anyways, I have an EVGA GTX 460 1GB version and its been running great for a year now. Really great overclocking potential and fairly priced. They run about 160-180 bucks, and using a SLI setup with them has been extremely pleasing to the eyes. They also have the 796mb versions that I've heard have really good overclocking capabilities. they're also cheaper. (around 140-160) Hope this helps!

3. Ksan01

Ksan01 Member

Yes, that is also what i was thinking, I guess it is time to upgrade my computer to an Intel I5 cpu. I'll go look at the cost to build a whole new set-up tonight. Thanks.

4. Estuansis

Estuansis Active member

LOL James(Red.Eye.Shot), didn't expect to see you here :p Good advice really but the CPU is not much of a bottleneck for that GPU. The WHOLE system could use an upgrade, but the GPU and CPU were basically factory matched :p

Last edited: Jan 24, 2012
  5. Red.Eye.Shot

Red.Eye.Shot Member

ahh alright ^_^