1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need HELP PLEASE My files are way bigger when i encode them why????

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by carguy696, Jan 3, 2004.

1. carguy696

carguy696 Guest

I used the anamorphic guide which puts a dvd into 2 cds but when i encode my movie 2 fast 2 furious 103 min and iwant to put it onto 1200mb it turns out to be 2100mb WHY?????????????

2. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

Thats not a very informative question... what format were you encoding to? If it's SVCD then that isnt entirely unreasonable (3 discs). If its VCD, then I think you did something wrong but like i said, your question wasnt very informative. If its AVI then just change your bitrate for the codec.

3. carguy696

carguy696 Guest

yeah arrr sorry about that. I found out what the problem was. It was the audio. It was to big. When i encoded it, it went iinto a folder called mpe in my music. i didn't know it went to a folder. So i just put the 1.1 gig wav file into virtual dub and encoded it instead of the 120 mb file. yeah sorry about that. you know wasting your time and stuff. Sorry. But now I know how to encoded it properly now. Thanks for the guide it was very helpful cause now I know how to rip a dvd.

4. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

No worries! Glad you got it working! :)