1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help please RB and CCE basic

Discussion in 'DVD / BD-Rebuilder forum' started by bevster, Dec 14, 2005.

1. bevster

bevster Member

I just purchased DVD RB PRO and want to add on CCE, I am going to buy the basic version, thought I would try the trial first. Cannot get it to work, I point to the appropriate file in DVD RB and yet it cannot run the encoder. I notice something about eclcce.exe here and there in this and other threads. My question is do I have to have this other program (eclcce.exe) to make my CCE work?? I appreciate anyone helping me with this, Thank you

2. teflonmyk

teflonmyk Regular member

Depending on your version of CCE, yes... I THINK it is included in the installation package.... I'm at work and not on my personal computer to verify...

Last edited: Dec 15, 2005
  3. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

Unfortunately the trial version of CCE Basic won't work correctly with DVD-RB because it's limited to only a couple of minutes (3 I think) per encode. DVD-RB does break up titles into segments, but I haven't seen a single disc that doesn't end up with segments exceeding that size. EclCCE won't help with this, and in fact isn't made to work with CCE Basic at all (just 2.5 and 2.6x versions of CCE SP).

For testing the results CCE Basic will give you I recommend using the latest CCE SP trial (no EclCCE required) or the trial version of 2.5 (does require EclCCE). Those programs have a lot of features that CCE Basic doesn't, but if you stick to 2 passes, keep the default VBR Bias, and don't tweak settings like which matrix is used you'll get basically the same results.

4. bevster

bevster Member

Thank you for the reply's
    I will try the CCE SP trial version to get the feel for the program.

5. teflonmyk

teflonmyk Regular member

I guess I should have mentioned that I use version 2.67....

6. zest

zest Member

before spending the money on cce basic , try procoder express , many consider it to be the best, however cce basic is definitly the fastest

7. bevster

bevster Member

I will give procoder a try, thanks for the reply's

8. drunkfish

drunkfish Member

Before you go and buy anything i highly recommend using quenc or hc, even freenc for that matter. They maybe a little slower but provide excellent results and the best part is they're free!

9. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

bevster

Too many recommendations and you have my sympathy. My advice is to start with HC encoder and then when you feel ready to try something different then you can move up. CCE and procoder are both excellent choices and it really boils down to which you can obtain most frugally.

10. L8ter

L8ter Guest

good show soph,

@ bevster do not let quenc bias your opinion on the free encoders offered w/ rebuilder!

stick to hc! quenc is not worth your time experimenting w/ imho!

11. bevster

bevster Member

Thanks for the advise. so far I will stick with CCE, seems to be of high quality and its fairly fast, thanks everyone!