1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NEED HELP PLEASE

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by devils89, Nov 12, 2004.

1. devils89

devils89 Member

hi. i have this file montypython.avi, which is encoded in divx avi. i used tmpgenc to convert to an mpeg-1 which is 352x420. ive tried everything in the forums to make a vcd out of this. however, my dvd player always says that it cannot play this disc. I know it supports vcd's, cause my cuzin made a vcd, and played it in my player. It said vcd 2.0 on the top if that helps. anyhoo, ive tried everything and cant make a good vcd. Ive first used vision express to try and burn the mpg, but it didn't work. then i tried to make a bin/cue file with VCD gear. i then burned that with nero. it still didn't work. the "vcd" it made had these folders:
    cdi --> cdi_imag.rtf, cdi_text.fnt, cdi_vcd.app, cdi_vcd.cfg
    ext --> lot_x.vcd, psd_x.vcd, scandata.dat
    mpegav --> avseqo1.dat
    segment --> (empty)
    vcd --> entries.vcd, info.vcd, lot.vcd, psd.vcd

when comparing it to my cousins vcd, his has actual mpeg files in mpegav folder. i dont have a clue what to do and im running out of cd's. ive followed the 100% thread, with no luck as i said. Maybe i need to make a 2.0 vcd or something? Any help would be appreciated! thanks
    *edit: do i have to take the dat file from mpegav, use vcdgear to go to dat-->mpeg, and then that mpeg-->cue/bin? It seems a little like going in circles to me, but is that what u have to do? Will it again burn a dat file in mpegav, or this time an mpeg file? thanks

Last edited: Nov 12, 2004
  2. Slug716

Slug716 Member

Im new to all this so i try to tell u what i did and see if it works cause mine are playin with no problem

First forget nero they wouldnt play when i made them with nero

1) Convert the avi to a mpeg2 NOT a mpeg1 using TMPGEn

U can make it a mpeg2 by clicking other settings on tmpgenc on the video tab under stream type

2) load vcd gear , find the mpeg and do a mpeg > mpeg conversion make sure "fix mpeg errors" is checked

After the click the video cd tab still on vcd gear and find the fixed mpeg than convert it to a cue/bin file

3) Burn the cue/bin file on a program called burnatonce (free program)

should play in your dvd player no problem does for me everytime

let me know how it works out

burnatonce

http://www.burnatonce.com/cgi-bin/ShotGun/ShotGun.cgi?ammo=burnatonce

Last edited: Nov 13, 2004
  3. devils89

devils89 Member

i dont want to convert to svcd for two reasons.
    1) i'll have to put on 3 disks instead of 2
    2) i cant get it widescreen, even if i make it 16:9

i already converted to mpeg1. I am stuck. How do i make it so the mpeg is actually in the mpegav folder? i think thats what my problem is. ive tried making this a bin/cue and burning it w/ no luck. do i have to convert this mpeg to mpeg and then to a bin/cue? is there any way i could maybe burn an mpeg1 to an svcd, w/o converting to mpeg2, so that i could still fit more data? thanks

4. Slug716

Slug716 Member

well if u wanna be able to fit more data on a disc u can make a kvcd which i do and u can fit up to 2 hours on 1 disc and quality is still good

to make a kvd u need to download

KVCD Templates for TMPGEnc

than after u download the KVCD Templates extract them and copy them into the "TMPGEnc Templates folder"

it should explain it better here its where i learned to do it

http://www.weethet.nl/english/video_kvcd_intro.php

than after u do that u should be able to the make the mpeg2 and fit the data u need on 1 disc no problem

hope this helps if not im sorry like i said i new to this myself

5. devils89

devils89 Member

wil it still work in my dvd player? do i select the KVCD or KSVCD template? Ive changed my mind and really dont care anymore about if it fits on however many disks. I tried to make an SVCD NTSC film, but the audio and picture were very out of sync. I tried using virtual dub adn make a wav file, but the audio was very our of sync then. Plase help me.

6. Slug716

Slug716 Member

yeah if u dvd player supports vcds than it shoulf play kvcd or ksvcds

download the whole pack of templates u can choose either one u want kvcd or ksvcd

I usually make KVCD-CQ-352x240 NTSCFILM PLUS

But u can choose whateva one u want

7. devils89

devils89 Member

thanks everyone. i made an svcd 480x480 and it worked fine. Thank anyway.