1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help please!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by gohogsgo, Jan 22, 2005.

1. gohogsgo

gohogsgo Guest

I am trying to burn css movies for my stand alone DVD-R player with DVD decrypter. I know the file size is acceptable, I know the disc I am burning to is acceptable. I am burning files that have been through decryptor and and placed on my hard drive with either an .ISO or .MDS suffix, my stand alone dvd will not read the discs. Do they have to be in .DVD format? If that is the problem...how do I convert them?

2. bazilla

bazilla Regular member

Another uninformative subject header crying for help. Well, I guess that's de rigor for the newbie forum?

What are you saying here? You've got a dvd you've ripped to your hard drive using dvd decrypter in ISO-->Read mode? Okay, that's good. Then you burn the ISO to a dvd, and the dvd doesn't play in your stand alone dvd player? Is that what you saying?

Do they play on your computer?

There's lots of reasons why they might not play in your dvd player: pal vs. ntsc, region code, crappy media, crappy burning software, crappy dvd player.

Do you feel comfortable telling us more about what "css movies" you are trying to burn? If they are really "css movies" then that implies you have the original copy protected dvd to rip from. Does the original play in your player?

Questions, questions, questions.

Which beg details, details, details. Specifics, specifics, specifics.

3. hardcandy

hardcandy Guest

It's amazing how little info some of these posts contain and they seem to have a generic "help Me PLEASE NOW or I'm going to have a fit even though no one can see me" feel to them.
    Maybe you need different dvd player, preferably one that costs less than $50. Or different media.

4. gohogsgo

gohogsgo Guest

Im sorry to be so ignorant of this subject. I probbably shouldnt admit it but ive been trying tyo figure this out for about 12 hrs. now. I am using a plextor drive with Roxio 7.0 software (which is no use to me)..hence I have downloaded DVD decryptor and DVD shrink. My computer will not recognize DVDs that I have burnt (I know the are being burnt by the indicator on my plextor). I am decrypting from rented movies... they do play on the stand alone DVD. The region code is 1 (as indicated on the box). The stand alone DVD player is an older model...but a friend has burnt movies in -R and they work, I am using the same discs he uses, sony DVD-R 4.7gb/120 min. I have tried to burn "The Forgotten", "Terminal", and "The Manchurian Candidate." I have been to several online tutorials and still cant get it right! Can you please hel?

5. bardie

bardie Regular member

Be carefull of Roxio as it may conflict with other programs. I would use DVD Decrypter to rip the movies and then DVD Shrink to compress them if needed or to re-author. I would also run AnyDVD in the background as well to help whilst ripping to remove protection off the disc. Your media choice is ok. Lets know if you need further help.
    And a word of advice.......you are only allowed to copy movies that you own......definately not rented ones.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2005
  6. hardcandy

hardcandy Guest

You probably need a software dvd player for the computer that contains a codec needed for playback.
    Try here for Media player classic and see if ti will work and if not read the documentation on what you need to make it work. http://sourceforge.net/projects/guliverkli

7. gohogsgo

gohogsgo Guest

Thanks for the reply but still need help.

8. bardie

bardie Regular member

OK.....but what help??