1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need HELP Softmodding Xbox...

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by Jakens, Jul 27, 2007.

1. Jakens

Jakens Member

Ok. So I wanted to soft mod my xbox. I read into it, got the action replay. Got the original splinter cell, and I followed about 4 different guides, each one just as unsuccessful as the last. I tried using Krayzie NDURE Softmod pack which requires my xbox to be 5960, which it is. I followed the instructions, backed stuff up, etc. Everything appears to install wonderfully, but when I restart the xbox at the end of the installation, I get the error code 13. I know that means there is a problem with the dashboard, but I don't know what. So I restored everything back to normal. Then I tried to softmod it with Softmod Installer Deluxe v5.0. Same problem. Appears to work wonderfully, until I restart the xbox. Error 13. I don't understand what I'm doing wrong, when I'm following online instructions, and the readme instructions word for word. If someone could PLEASE enlighten me, that would be excellent.

2. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

Use my tutorials, click below!

3. Jakens

Jakens Member

I followed your tutorial. Same problem.

4. Jakens

Jakens Member

I don't think I need to hotswap or anything because all I have to do is remove the softmod, and it works perfectly. I can't get it to work with the softmod though.

5. knockemv2

knockemv2 Regular member

what version is your xbox

6. Jakens

Jakens Member

It says in the original post. 5960.

7. knockemv2

knockemv2 Regular member

thats the dash what is the actual xbox version like 1.6 1.5 what

8. kyle00

kyle00 Member

isn't 5960 a kernel...i think thats what version my kernel is and i have a v1.6 xbox

9. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

1.6 Xboxs only work with Splinter Cell.

Secondly, use the Dashboard files that I provided, your one is obviously corrupt!

10. Jakens

Jakens Member

Okay. I think my xbox version is 1.6. I'm not sure if I followed this thing correctly, but using my serial number (2000255 43905) I think I got it.

Anyway, what dashboard files did you provide? I looked but I'm not seeing it. I must be missing something. Thanks for the help so far.

11. knockemv2

knockemv2 Regular member

ok what you need to do is send me a om so i can give my aim and i can walk you through this

12. Jakens

Jakens Member

I downloaded the softmod packages through MIRC. I also got one through torrents. Probably useless information, but could help with something. I've tried about four different things, and all of them end with Error 13, and all of them are resolved by removing the softmod.

13. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

A screenshot from my softmod tutorial...

[​IMG]

14. kyle00

kyle00 Member

are you positive splinter cell only works with 1.6 boxes because i used Itools with 007 yes i could have used a better one but i didn't know....and i loaded up the installer program (MxM) and went to xbox info and it said xbox version:1.6 and the installer worked fine

15. Jakens

Jakens Member

Well..I tried to download the MS dash version listed in you tutorial, but the download locked up or something which never happens, and I ended up with half of the files, and that site only allows for 1 dl under 100mb.

16. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

Bad luck I suppose. Doesn't matter, just wait until later and try again. The dash file is 87.7Mb.

17. Jakens

Jakens Member

Okay...well I tried to follow your guide. I deleted the contents of C on the xbox. I went to the dash files on the left pane, and selected all of them, and hit Transfer selected. It added them to the queue at the bottom, and it did all this stuff as if it were transferring everything. Said it was finished. Nothing shows up... like the C drive is empty. Now I have no MS dash, and the MS dash files wont copy to the xbox. Any help with that please?

18. Jakens

Jakens Member

Okay. Well I got that last issue figured out. It wasn't showing the files, but they were there when I restarted flashfxp. Softmod still didn't work. Same problem. Error 13.

Btw... During the install all progress looks normal. See the % etc. But then part of the way through it makes kind of a dinging sound on the files. It's done this with every softmod install that I have tried. It makes that noise after each file. It doesn't do that at the very beginning when it's backing up the C, but when it actually starts to install the softmod, it makes that noise. I thought this might be saying there is something wrong with the file, but I am unsure since it has happened on all four of the different soft mods I have tried. Maybe someone knows something about it?

19. Jakens

Jakens Member

Is there some way I can FTP the softmod over the xbox files? This is just pissing me off in so many different ways... I've tried a ridiculous amount of things for me to have still made 0% progress.

20. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

You can try and find an already modded file via torrents! Maybe this could be the solution for v1.6 Xboxs!

The 1.6 is a pain in the ass!