1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help uninstalling softmod

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by LEDHED, Apr 3, 2007.

1. LEDHED

LEDHED Member

Hi,

I recently softmodded my friend's xbox. However when my other friend tried to install xbmc on it, he accidentally altered the default.xbc (not sure about the extension on the filename) and it began to automatically run James Bond: Agent Under Fire every time he started up his xbox. A day before i went over to fix it though, my friend decided to take it upon himself to fix the problem himself. He had no idea what he was doing though and deleted the exploited save file that allowed me to access SID 4.0 through the game. Now his xbox no longer loads any discs that are inserted into the console and automatically goes to james bond every time it loads and I have no way of accessing the SID menu anymore. Does anybody know if his system can still be fixed, preferably without opening up the system?

2. handsom

handsom Regular member

Well; I haven't used that particular game for softmodding, but if the save used to mod the system still exists, you could use that to re-mod it. If it will load a disc inserted, you could insert the autoinstaller disc, but if it won't read that, then you may very likely have to rebuild the hard drive with a PC or another modded system.

3. LEDHED

LEDHED Member

Thanks for the quick response. I had hoped that i wouldn't have to do that but i guess it's my only choice. Are there any easy to follow tutorials on how to do that?

edit: now i have another big problem with a different xbox. One of my friends who was unable to uninstall the softmod and restore his system to its original state ended up deleting his entire c drive and now when his system turns on the light around the eject button flashes from green to red and there is an error screen with a 13 at the upper left corner of the screen. Anyway to fix his xbox?

Last edited: Apr 3, 2007