1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help updating firmware

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by mattwp103, Feb 21, 2005.

1. mattwp103

mattwp103 Member

Hi this my first post on here i was just curious as to why i am not able to update my firmware when i click the .exe file "VS0G" it says "no matched drive detected" i have upgraded the firmware once before but i used a program and i believe it was in binary does this make a difference why i cant do it now?

2. mattwp103

mattwp103 Member

anyone at all?

3. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

What's the make(model#) of your burner?

4. mattwp103

mattwp103 Member

Lite-on SOHW 832s

5. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

6. brobear

brobear Guest

Firmware Upgrade Program Run Under Windows
    1. Make sure your drive's model name by inspecting the safety label on top of your drive.
    2. Download the ZIP file with correct model name.
    3. Please unzip the downloaded ZIP file.
    4. Please close all applications under Windows.
    5. Please make sure to keep power supplier without any interruption during upgrade.
    6. Execute the firmware upgrade execution file.
    7. Select the drive you want to upgrade ( if you have more than one LITE-ON drives ).
    8. Upgrading ( No power interruption ).
    9. Reboot your PC to see if the firmware has been changed.

The file for the 832 is DR8VS0G.zip dated 2/04/05. I checked the link and you'll have to go to the site to download the zip file. http://www.liteonamericas.com/us/download.htm I'd come over and install it for you, but I may be a bit busy later. LOL

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2005
  7. brobear

brobear Guest

8. mattwp103

mattwp103 Member

this is what i was talkin about....i says "no matched drive detected"

9. brobear

brobear Guest

If the previous firmware upgrade was an approved Lite-On upgrade, it shouldn't affect your current upgrade. However, if it was an unauthorized upgrade, it could affect the ability to flash the system. If you followed the directions, it's time to call Lite-On support or contact them via the net.

10. mattwp103

mattwp103 Member

crap i think it may have been unathurized i'm not quite sure...if it was is there anyway of going back?

11. brobear

brobear Guest

In a lot of cases hacked firmware would require another hack to correct it. The factory firmware is set to replace recognized versions. You may have created a problem for yourself. Is the drive acting up or are you trying to upgrade the firmware because the update is available? Unless there is a problem, I wouldn't worry about it too much. Most of the firmware updates are for the drive to be compatible with more media. You may want to check with one of the tech sites that specializes in firmware and see if they know of a fix.

12. hursty

hursty Active member

i have just used system restore to solve another issue,i was wondering what limitations it has(system restore)?could that restore the old firmware settings?

with regards hursty

13. brobear

brobear Guest

No. Restore is for the Software and settings. Also it is limited to time and number of restore points.

14. brobear

brobear Guest

mattwp103
    Flash Fix is an app that can sometimes help with those problems flashing Lite-On drives. Seems they are notorious for problems with flashing the firmware. http://digi.rpc1.org/flashfix.htm

15. mattwp103

mattwp103 Member

thanks soo much...brobear that program help reflash it...and i was just doing it for more compatable media ....but thanks again ...i appreciate ur help greatly

16. brobear

brobear Guest

You're welcome. Glad to see you got it straightened out.