1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help w Verizon Motorola Raz V3m

Discussion in 'Motorola phones' started by billyclub, Nov 8, 2007.

1. billyclub

billyclub Member

It has Verizon software on it. And I know its locked because I can't make any calls. If I press *#06# or whatever to get the IMEI number it will think I'm making a call and I get a "please hold for a verizon operator" message. I tried looking for the IMEI near the battery and I cant tell which number is the IMEI. I dont think this phone came with a sim card. Can Verizon phone be unlocked?

2. billyclub

billyclub Member

3. billyclub

billyclub Member

CLOSED TOPIC

From another post:
    http://www.hacktherazr.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=43382#43382

"You are right, Verizon phones don't come with a sim card, as they don't use them, they are cdma phones. The unlocking that is being talked about on that video doesn't change the carrier, just allows us vzw users to use more of our phones. You cannot get a cdma phone to work on a gsm network.

In order to get the free wap working from here on that phone, you would need to have an account with verizon. At this point, the free wap may not be so free anymore. VZW has restructured it's plans and will start charging by the meg for data. That is only on new plans as of Nov. 1st this year.

From everything I've read on here, if you are with a different carrier, you will get charged for data usage. VZW has been the only one that hasn't charged up until now."