1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help w/ XL 2.3+ & Xbox v1.5 [deadly green & red light flashing 3 times]

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by compfire, Dec 14, 2003.

1. compfire

compfire Member

I installed a new X-Ecuter 2.3 LITE + into a new Xbox dated 2003-09-02. After installing it, both blue lights and the green/yellow light up, but when I power on with the switch to enable on, unprotect & bank 1, all I get is a black screen, and the eject button flashes green & red and cycles on & off 3 times, and never ejects and all 3 lights stay on. Boots fine with the switch disabled.

Is it at this point that I need to flash the bios or is something still wrong with the install or chip?

Mike

2. smokes

smokes Guest

i have the xecuter 2.3 lite + modchip in my xbox 1.5 and i got it so all the lights come on, (green and 2 blue) and the xbox loads up normal though, i dont have teh cromwell bios and my controllers dont work.......... Please help me! What do i do! Thanks.... : /

3. Jerren

Jerren Guest

I have a Xecuter 2.3 Lite with XBOX v1.5. It comes pre-flashed. If i install it can i play a burned game right off the bat or do i need to flash my chip to activate?

4. smokes

smokes Guest

What do I have to do to make it work! I get the lights on and everything, but xbox loads up normal and my controllers dont work. What do I need to do!!!

5. ModIt

ModIt Member

Jerren try flashing it with the X2 bios or the EvoX bios then ur backed up games will work.

6. Jerren

Jerren Guest

Where do i get those? can i burn them as iso's? how do i flash my chip?

7. smokes

smokes Guest

Ok, I hope anyone who has been helped with this before will respond! I hope i get like 10 responses!

I have the XECUTER 2.3 LITE PLUS chip and a version (I believe...) 1.4 xbox...idk I bought it a week ago.

I scraped and I scraped and I scraped the DO point, I see copper not metal I am pretty sure I got it good.... I have the chip on enable....unprotected....and bank 1 like the guy at my store said it should be. Before I would get 2 blue lights on the xbox, and 1 green light on the switch w/ enable/disable etc, and the xbox just loads up normal, everything works fine, but it loads up w/ m$ bios.

Now, it either blinks green for 3 times every few seconds, then goes green/red/green/red or just a steady yellow...or I can take off the chip and it works......

What do I have to do! I have moved the chip around a MILLION times.... it seems like its gettin somewhere new since it doesnt load up xbox normal bios when the chip is on, and when its off its fine, but I NEVER get the green LED4 light on the chip to come on. No matter what I do. Someoen said something about scraping the pin on the modchip that plugs into DO?? I'll try that, along with the tinfoil plan, but what is some more advice! My brother is home in 2 days and Im trying to do this for him for xmas. I already did my own chameleon modchip, so I have some backround in the topic. Please help!!