1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need help with a centropy svcd.....

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by manta53, Nov 8, 2004.

1. manta53

manta53 Member

hello all, i just downloaded Centropy's svcd version of team america, it was 1637mb, anyway cd1 and cd2 extracted perfectly, the only player i could get to play the .cue or .bin files was video lan without burning the files, anyway all that plays on cd1 is the centropy intro thing even though the file is 801mb, but on the second cd the whole thing plays fine, anyone know what to do, i want to watch the whole mobie on my comp, thank you in advance :)

2. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

First, I'd try to manage to watch the whole CD1 movie on the PC, then we'll worry about the player.

1) mount the image with Alcohol 120%
    2) copy E:\MPEG2\AVSEQ01.DAT into C:
    3) use VCDGear's 'mpeg --> mpeg' and convet the 'riff file' into a 'true mpeg'.

Do you manage to watch the whole 'true mpeg' with WMP or the excellent BSPlayer? If you press the 'full screen' BSPlayer button and, pointing the mouse without clicking the screen to the top of the video, you manage to see how long it is? [you can select, without clicking it, a bar, which is visible only while you're on Full Screen and select the up part of the video, going to from 0' (0%) to X'Y" (100%)].

Last edited: Nov 8, 2004
  3. manta53

manta53 Member

thanks for your suggestions and everything, gonna try them for sure, but let me clarify a few things, i don't want to burn the movie to disk, the whole thing is already on my comp, all i want to do is watch it on my comp :)

p.s. and i have really no idea on what VCDgear to get either :/

p.p.s lol nevermind i got it working, thank you for all your help, you solved my problem XD

Last edited: Nov 8, 2004
  4. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

VCDGear? Read the 'sticky' threads of this forum (http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/36084)! You will even find a small tutorial for it!

But..there's a small problem: BSplayer doesn't play SVCD movies (MPEG-2 mpegs) but only MPEG-1 (VCD mpegs) or .AVI files.
    Maybe WMP can, but I never tested it.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2004
  5. nachoguy

nachoguy Member

use iso buster to extract everything in the bin. there will either be a large MPEG file somewhere in that, or a DAT file, i forget which when you just extract it. then get windvd and play that MPEG or DAT file. or you can mount the image to another drive using alcohol 120% and play it in windvd(you can also use windows media player, but mine wouldnt play svcd files until after i installed windvd)

6. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

Well done! So WinDVD will be forum's oficial suggestion to watch MPEG-2 files on a PC. Alas, the 'riff file' of a SVCD is AVSEQ01.MPG even if it's a 'riff rile'. Better to convert it with Vcdgear 8mpeg-->mpeg), first.
    But I suppose all PC players play the 'riff files', to. It's a "must do" only if you need to modify them.

7. HippyHipo

HippyHipo Guest

manta could you post how you solved it please. I am having a similar problem.

Thanks!

Edited to add - it's ok I found the answer! You have to open the cue file in a text editor (like notepad) and switch tracks.

HH

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2004