1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help with an old computer that was given to me!!!

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by Nrth16, Feb 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nrth16

Nrth16 Regular member

I had to install a new opperating system to the computer so when i did this with a windows 98 disk when I start and restart the computer it tells me that it cannot find this:(vnetbios.vxd) and asks me to put in the windows disk. I do that and it does nothing?

also it asks me for: (pci ethernet controller) as well (als100 media controller)

I think i found the drivers for the ethernet contoller but cannot figure out how to install them to the computer. also I have not clue what the als100 media contoller is?

if anyone could help me out that would be great. it is a very old computer and the graphics are really bad on it but i thought i could give it to a nephew of mine just so he could type or print or even mess around on the net with. thanks for the help

2. gozilla

gozilla Regular member

als100 media controller is your soundcard. you are going to need to get a hold of the drivers before it will work.

what is exactly giving you trouble?

3. Nrth16

Nrth16 Regular member

I was given this really old computer, and I thought that if i could fix it i would give it to my nephew or who ever so that they could type or use the interent with. It is an old computer. only problem is when i got it who ever had it deleted things by throwing them into the trash can and the computer was froze and whenever i would start it it told me that I had to insert the windows 95 floppy. well I didnt have a window floppy but i did have a windows 98 cd. so i put the windows 98 operating system on the computer but now everytime i start the computer it said it cannot find:

(vnetbios.vxd) it also cannot find the (pci ethernet controller) and (als100 media controller)i assume they are drivers for those things. but i do not know where to get the drivers for them or really what they are. so i am looking for some help of some kind so that when i turn the computer on and off these things dont pop up anymore!

thanks for the help

4. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.