1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need help with call of duty burning problem

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by kb779, Mar 15, 2005.

1. kb779

kb779 Member

i just recently got an xecuter 3 ce mod chip in my box and im trying to back up call of duty finest hour (this is the only game ive tried so far so im not sure if its just this particular game thats giving me trouble). i have made multiple attempts to burn this game.

the first time i ftp'd in to the X3 3029 bios with flashfxp, (ftping in to the evox dash was giving me problems) and i copied the files to my comp, made a iso with craxtion4 and burned with dvd decryptor.
    result: unknown disc

second attempt: i switched to avalaunch dash and ftp to that using flashfxp copied the files over again, made the iso with qwix and burned with nero.
    result: when i put the disc in when at the avalaunch dash the loading screen come up and then the normal xbox screen that says disc may be dirty or the disc might not be an xbox game/movie came up.

3rd attempt: i ftped in with qwix and made an iso right from my xbox's d: drive, burned with dvd decryptor.
    same resultas 2nd attempt.

i have an xbox 1.1,
    xecuter3 ce chip
    x3 3029 bios
    avalaunch 04864 dash
    samsung xbox dvd drive

please can anyone help? ive been looking through forums trying to figure out whats wrong and trying different ways to back up the game.

ps. when i turn my xbox on w/o a game disc in to boots to the x3 3029 bios screen, to get to the dash i have to select reboot to dash from that menu. is that supposed to happen? someone told me that its supposed to just boot right up to the dash(this happened when i had evox dash as well as the avalaunch dash i have now).

please help, any ideas would be appreciated

2. modster

modster Regular member

try this
    1. turn on xbox and go into evox
    2. put the game into dvd rom
    3. go into boxplorer
    4. right click and select the the drive that you want to copy the game to usaully f:/games/game_name
    5. left click and select drive dvd rom D:
    6. now copy the game to the hard drive.
    7. connect the xbox to network
    8. use flashfxp and ftp the game to pc hard drive
    9. use xbox c-tool and create xiso (you might have to patch the xbe)
    10. use burning nero and burn the game to dvd (use verbatim 2x) using slowest speed 2x

as for booting up to bios screen, yes it does do this, but you can get it to go straight to the dash by modifiying the ini I think. just havent have time to play with that.

hopes this help

3. kb779

kb779 Member

thanks so much, i burned the game the way you said to a fujifilm dvd+rw i had laying around and it worked, then i burned it to one of my no name dvd+r's and it didnt so i think it has to be the media, now i just have to go buy some new blank dvds

4. modster

modster Regular member

I usually use verbatim or fuji. they both work great as for backups