!Need Help with Chameleon chip ! (my xbox says it reqiures service in mode 4)

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by dirtyvr6, Dec 19, 2003.

1. dirtyvr6

dirtyvr6 Member

I installed my chameleon and am using an executer2 bios , and have evox installed. Anyhow I have the first two dip switches flicked down on my chameleon to activate mode 4 , so I start up my xbox with the eject button for 3 sec to get my factory bios to load , and I get a screen that says "your xbox requires service Please call Customer support". however when I poer up with just pushing the power button once or pushing the eject for one sec it poweres up fine with the xecuter2 bios , but i want to disable it so i can play online. Also another strange thing I noticed is when I have all the switches in the up position on my xbox and the screen comes up, the one that asks for the bios, for some strange reason the screen starts flickering , it never did that before. Anyways can someone tell me what the problem is and help out here , thanks

2. 707yayo

707yayo Member

Have you soldered the power and ejct on the chameleon and spliced them into the power and eject wires in the xbox? My chameleon works just fine. I can play live by holding down the eject button for 3 secs to go into the origional bios. Make sure your dip switches are right.