1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help with Cucusoft dvd ipod converter

Discussion in 'iPod discussion' started by fbarnes64, Feb 4, 2007.

1. fbarnes64

fbarnes64 Member

I have a problem with the latest full version of the Cucusoft suite. Once the program is loaded, I try to open the dvd, and always get the same problem, a message that says that "Cucusoft has encountered a problem and will close (Option to send or not send report)." I have contacted the support email with no success. This message occurs with all dvd's (even occurs if there is no dvd in the drive). Any thoughts, or did I just waste $40? Thank you in advance for any help with this.

2. fbarnes64

fbarnes64 Member

Thanks for the help! This seems to work fine so far (it actually opens and I can start encoding. I don't have time left tonight to encode a movie and transfer it, but I wanted to make sure I got off a thank you note as soon as possible!) Very nice of you to respond so quickly as well. You are a true restorer of faith in human nature.

Thanks again!

3. Mez

Mez Active member

I suspect Cucusoft may try to lock the media before it starts doing its thing. I do not have Cucusoft, but I experianced a wide array of problems when I added a second SATA HD controller to my computer. I say second because the first did not cause any problems. All the apps that locked the media had problems. Some apps allowed your to ignore the lock so they worked manually. Others just did not work at all. The wild thing is the controler had nothing to do with the HD or the burner it was just present and caused problems.