1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help with DuoX 2 Lite installation!!!!

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by theused93, Apr 5, 2009.

1. theused93

theused93 Member

Im new to hard mods for the original xbox and i have ordered a DuoX 2 Lite chip almost 2 weeks ago, so now im waiting for this thing to come in. The BIG problem i have is that i havent found any install guides that really help me out at all. Are there any links to maybe a video that anybody has? Any links to any GOOD install guides? anything helps but i really need to look into how to install it. I just need something with some explanation to it, like what exactly to solder and all that. anything would help, thanks.

2. C4RN1

C4RN1 Regular member

3. theused93

theused93 Member

Any better ones than that?
    Ive seen that one but all it does is show pictures, it doesnt actually say stuff like "solder this point here" so on and so forth...
    What i actually need to know is where the D0 wire goes to for a v1.6 on the MB
    and also on the PCB rebuild that it comes with, after i lay it on the correct points underneath the MB, do i have to solder it to those points?

4. C4RN1

C4RN1 Regular member

I'm sorry but i can't help but say it...

[​IMG]

You must be blind, if you're having trouble finding the correct link which is very clearly labled "version 1.6" then maybe a hardmod isn't for you.

All you do is take the wire, solder it to the board first, then solder it to the chip. If you havent soldered before, starting on a xbox mobo is a really bad idea.

5. theused93

theused93 Member

Its not that i would have any trouble soldering at all
    i saw the link
    but if my question had been read, on the PCB rebuild, the contact points that touch the MB on the xbox, do they have to be soldered down or just touching?

6. C4RN1

C4RN1 Regular member

it pretty much just lays over the points you need to tap and then you solder it. It's called an easy solder pcb. The easiest way is to tin the pcb with your solder first then just add a bit more when you get it all lined up.

I even made a animation for you (don't ask me why)

[​IMG]

You can see the pcb just lays down on top of the lpc holes and the screw whole.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2009