1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help with dvd formats!

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by Rock0, Jun 5, 2006.

1. Rock0

Rock0 Member

Well i really need help with a few things here.

First off i have all episodes of Prison Break(Season 1 now with 22 episodes) and want to make a dvd out of it. Well i have used alot of conversion apps and have threee in mind to use(all of them lead to a problem)

Well right now i want to use WinAVI, but there's a problem. After everything is converted to dvd form, i had a 14.5 gig dvd form. Well i heard that you could use DVD Shrink to help, but isnt that for when you are trying to rip a movie and getting rid of unwanted features(extras, commentary, etc...) Well im not sure but i have installed DVD Shrink 3.2 and still need help with it.

I have tried loading up a test dvd form(audio_ts and video_ts) of one of the Prison Break episodes. Well when it is analysed it brings up the menus on the left and right. Well i see i can get "Compression Settings" up and see this Video type thing. Well i can make my own custom ratio. I can drop it all the way down to 62.7% and it lowers the size from 1,425 MB to 923 MB. I really dont know what it compressed, nor how it will effect my video...

I have some more things i need help with; i'm afraid this is the tip of the ice berg. If you can devote some time to me please tell me.

If you can help me add me on msn or any other IMing program(i want msn though).

2. Halen5150

Halen5150 Regular member

Well,
    when you're compressing in DVD Shrink; you can tell what you're compressing by looking at what's highlighted or whatever you clicked on in the left side bar. (ex. you click on 'main movie' so that's what you're compressing when you are changing values on a custom ratio)