1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need help with fitting more RM episodes into DVD with winavi

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by goosie, May 1, 2005.

1. goosie

goosie Member

i used winavi to convert my 386mb rm file into a 3gb+ vob file and effectively that means i could only fit one rm episode onto one DVD-R.

how do i fit more episodes onto one DVD?

after converting to vob, i used powerproducer to burn onto the DVD.

Would appreciate any help.

thanks

2. goosie

goosie Member

anyone please? ~cries~

3. MilesAhed

MilesAhed Regular member

You can use TMPGEnc Plus to control the bitrate of the output DVD files. Add up the total time of all your clips and use a bitrate calculator to select the bitrate. Also watch that the audio bitrate is the same or lower than what was used in the calculator.

The tricky part is usually the audio conversion. For freeware you can try BeLight to convert the audio to something TMPGEnc Plus can handle. As far as the .rm conversion, I have RealAlternative installed. I copy the movie.rm or movie.rmvb file to another folder and rename it movie.asf. For some magic reason TMPGEnc Plus will load it as a video file with the .asf extension. Then select the converted audio track and use the DVD selections in the wizard. You might use DVD=>NTSC=>Low Resolution for your purpose as example. Select the check box on the final page in the TPMGEnc Plus wizard that says "output video and audio as individual elementary streams" if it is not already selected and greyed out. Once you have the pairs of DVD files you can use DVDAuthorGUI to author your DVD. See the guides for the various tools here and on http://www.dvdrhelp.com

The other issue is that you have to watch if you change the video framerate the audio might be out of sync. Many converters convert the video and if the audio seems ok they just pass it through. So you might need to touch up the audio with BeSweet or another app.

I know this post is a bit confusing but for a mainly freeware solution the involved bit is getting the audio out of the .rm or .rmvb file and converting it to something the conversion tools can handle. So investigate programs BeSweet and the GUIs that make it easier to use such as BeLight and BeSweetGUI. If you shell out cash you might find a single step solution but I don't know what it is. For me I get by using TMGEnc Plus and Nero. The rest I do with all freeware apps.

I hope I've pointed you in the right direction anyway. For the lurid details you'll need to look through the step by step guides online.

4. B2D327

B2D327 Regular member

You can create a folder and add all the converted RM files and then open it in dvd shrink where you can compress the files individually and use the AEC function for the best quality picture.

5. MilesAhed

MilesAhed Regular member