1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help with FRAG.

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by Radjaroy, Jul 24, 2006.

1. Radjaroy

Radjaroy Member

Well to start this thing i have a v1.1 xbox and smartxx V1. I was playing Ninja Gaiden Balck (awsome game by the way biggrin.gif ) but i stopt the game by pressing start and let it in pause menu. Next about 15 seconds i looked back to my tv and noting was on totaly black screen. So i restarted my xbox and BOOMM!! damnn ligts are flashing. Its boots up 3 times en flashes red/green. I never touched tounch my xbox for the last 4 weeks and now he does this. So i checked my solder points and the wires where ok no loose points. Then i de-solderd my modchip and solderd a new one in its place because i had a reserve left and still the same problem (frag). Then i de-solderd me modchip and booted modchipless and still frag lights. Does it really have been fraged my TSOP need i to buy a new xbox???

2. theridges

theridges Guest

you might need to get a new xbox,check all the points again try to de-solder it off completely and see if it still frags...

3. Radjaroy

Radjaroy Member

I did de-solder it completely off and tryed booting and it still frags. And i did solder it back with new solder tin and it still frags. And it did use my original xbox hdd en my custopm hdd with both it frags. What i did too was raplace my IDE cable still fragging.

4. theridges

theridges Guest

sounds like the mobo is fragged...time for a new xbox...

5. Radjaroy

Radjaroy Member

Thanx for the help i was thinking that it could the motherboard because i read some topics on the internet but was not really sure about it.
    Thanx..

6. Radjaroy

Radjaroy Member

But can this really happen just like that anytime or is there something to it?? Was just wondering what it could be..

7. lilpimp

lilpimp Member

dude u should've just softmodded ot cause i mean come on its easier n less expensive so i got no advice exept get a new xbox i sofmodded mine and nothing goes wrong exept when i go on live it gives me start troubleshooter and i press it and it has a lot of laguages and number 21

8. Radjaroy

Radjaroy Member

So you mean softmod is better then hardmod and hardmod causes the frag problems??? Or am i understading you wrong??

9. lilpimp

lilpimp Member

yea it is better but your still gonna have to buy a used or brand new xbox

10. theridges

theridges Guest

no a chip is way better than a softmodded xbox,there are so many problems with softmodded xbox's and thats why i am almost an addict because people dont know what they are doing,i would get a chip anyday over a softmod...the solderless adapters work perfect and never frag the box....

11. lilpimp

lilpimp Member

yea watever the hell u say dude thos shits r expensive as hell so shit i wouldnt go and by one for freaken $80.00 when u can just get the action replay for $25.00 and splinter cell, mechasault, or 007 agent under fire for like $4.00 used. so it just comes up to about $32.00 so yea it depends what kind of person u r if u wanna spend $80.00 on a chip and still open it and accidently mess the xbox up then by all means go and mess up your xbox cause i responsable or n e other modders that gave u tutorials cause u chose to mod the freaken thing!

12. theridges

theridges Guest

the xecuter 2.6 with the solderless adapter is only 40.00 $US,and the DuoX2 is only 10 bux and is an awesome chip....and if anything messes up or your HD gets unlocked you can just lock it back....unlike the softmod trust me i have 2 softmodded xbox and one with a chip in it,i know the pros and cons of both and really a chip has no cons especially with a solderles adapter there is no way to mess up the motherboard.....

13. lilpimp

lilpimp Member

well then u suck at sofmodding cause with the unleash x dashboard u dont have to do that u could just go to unlock hd and lock hd so ha!
    no hard feelings its just i have done so much to my fucken xbox n nothing freaken happened to it

14. theridges

theridges Guest

lol unlock your HD and turn it the xbox off and then turn it back on....and tell me that you dont have an error message lol....

15. thekingo7

thekingo7 Regular member

lilpimp back the f*ck off, theridges knows a boatload (probobly about as much as me) j/k anyway softmods are ok but cant compare to chips in terms of reliability and ease. Dont come in here and act like you know everything, we dont want your biased opinion, if your offering no help.

Now, to the real problem, as ridges said it sounds like a new mobo is needed, but dont give up!!, check your soldering and all the traces, you couldve bridged something. GO over the whole board first.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2006
  16. theridges

theridges Guest

yea kingo do you hear this guy i hope he unlocks his HD and turns off his xbox lol.....
    this is because the softmod dont want you updating the xbox...and can you go to your ms-dash because thats another reason it would do that...but with a chip you wouldnt get that problem haha...

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2006
  17. lilpimp

lilpimp Member

yea sorry about that ridges i hope your advice works

18. theridges

theridges Guest

im trying to fix that error 21 problem of yours...can you get to your ms -dash?

19. Radjaroy

Radjaroy Member

[qoute] im trying to fix that error 21 problem of yours...can you get to your ms -dash?

I dont know if this message was applyed to me but i dont get any dashboards. Buy i am thinking of taking a new xbox en to take a modchip i dont think softmod is something for me just have more conffidence in modchips. And by the way thanx for your help guys i really appricaite it.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2006
  20. theridges

theridges Guest

oh no i was talking to lilpimp.....