1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help with how to uncensor censored music videos!

Discussion in 'Audio' started by adidas_os, Jul 21, 2008.

1. adidas_os

adidas_os Member

Hi all. I have an audio editing dilemma, but it's more than just that. Let me just explain what I am trying to figure out how do so you will be able to understand what I want to do and offer suggestions. What I am searching for a way to uncensor censored music video .vob files. I take a censored music video file and demux it to 1 audio and 1 video stream. No problem there. But then I need to edit the censored audio track to make it uncensored using an uncensored audio track. This is where it gets very tricky for me. How you go about the replacement depends on the music video. Why? Let me explain. Some music videos have just the audio that the actual song on the CD has and nothing else. This is less complicated. But some like the Guns 'N' Roses video "You Could Be Mine" have other sounds like at the end a door opens then the terminator scans each member of the band. These sounds aren't in the CD audio! So, for the latter example you see the need for cutting and pasting from the uncensored audio track (instead of replacing the censored track entirely) to retain the video only sounds, while in the first example you can just replace the uncensored track entirely. But it isn't easy I'm finding. What I would like and I would think would have to exist is a software that you can open two audio tracks AT THE SAME TIME for side by side comparison that are both the same as far as format and encoding just one is censored, and one isn't. Then you can make them both the same volume if needed. Then you can select the first portion of the song where the censored audio needs to be replaced with the uncensored audio IN BOTH TRACKS. Then copy from the uncensored and paste into the censored. And because the same part of the track is highlighted and selected IN BOTH TRACKS you DON'T HAVE TO GUESS WHERE TO PASTE the uncensored bit. Does anyone know of a program that will do this??? Then for the process of whole track replacement there is the added bonus problem of the audio not being in sync with the video. So you can use a delay I know, but this is complicated and you have to guess and just do your best and it's time consuming. You can do it, don't get me wrong. But there's got to be a better way! There must be some program that can analyze a vob audio track and say this audio track has a delay of, then using that information I just give my uncensored audio track that delay, and it comes out perfect, WITH NO GUESSING. Anyone know what software I can use do do that? I would really and I mean really appreciate help from anyone who knows of software to do this with, and the ways you use that software to do these things I want to do. I have heard Goldwave mentioned. I've toyed with it, but to no success. Please help! Thanks in advance! =)

2. attar

attar Senior member

You can drag both tracks (wav or mp3)into Audacity, select parts to copy and insert from one to the other also change the tempo to adjust the length of one versus the other.
    There are lots of guides out there for various procedures using this freeware.

I prefer the last stable to the current beta.
    Demux the ac3 from the vobs to wav using DGIndex.
    Or use a converter for ac3 to wav on your demuxed files.

http://www.afterdawn.com/software/audio_software/audio_tools/audacity.cfm

Last edited: Jul 22, 2008
  3. adidas_os

adidas_os Member

Thank you very much! I will look into what you have mentioned. Will all the conversion of the audio file hurt the quality? I'm assuming I'd have to convert it to wave and then again back to ac3. I'd like to have good sounding audio on my uncensored music videos, or else there's really no point.

4. attar

attar Senior member

Audio seems much more tolerant than video - I don't notice any change in quality.