1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help with MDS file!

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by nekigosu, Sep 8, 2004.

1. nekigosu

nekigosu Member

i just downloaded MGS2 and it has 2 files. A MDS file and a MDF file. The problem i have is that the MDF is 3.9GB so how do i split it so i can burn it into a 700mb disc with alchohol 120%?

2. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

It is a DVD image (maybe a PS2 image?). If you want, for backup purposes, you can pack + split it into multiple archives with e.g. WinRAR, but you'll need a DVD burner to write the full image into a disc and use it (and, after all, is better to use a data DVD or a working extra game DVD for backup purposes than many CDs, isn't it? The accidental scratching probabilty is reduced, since you have less objects to store safely).

3. RedLion1

RedLion1 Member

Hey i have the same file. It is not a ps2 file it is a pc file to my knowlege(the installer runs) i wanted to put this on a DVD but i need it in an ISO to burn it( need .iso gave up on .dmg). The thing is my dvd burner is only on my mac not my PC hence the iso. If you have any programs that can get a DVD file into and ISO. and not clone DVD cause it only does movies.
    thax guys odd situation.

Ryan