1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help with movie, have some problems burning it.

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by sumik, Mar 20, 2005.

1. sumik

sumik Member

This will be my first post, nat happy that it's about getting some help :)

So I have a movie "Human.Traffic.Remixed.dvdrip.divx.avi" and I can't burn it cuz it's 1mb too big to fit on a cd lol, what a joke 1mb, but it happens. Don't have a dvd burner yet. I tried cutting it shorter with VirtualDub but there's something wrong and when I'll save it shorter sound isn't right it's about 6sec too fast. Spent like 2hrs playing with that program, even separated sound only and video only and tried recording it together again but it didn't work. So I gave up. Now what are my choices, can I use some other program or maybe convert it to some other program that won't be bigger than the acctual size it has right now ?

2. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

I suppose you have a DVD player capable to view DivX files, otherwise..
    Why don't you simply overburn? (1 MB shouldn't be a big effort. Usually 20-30 MB are always added)

3. dontbugme

dontbugme Member

Some burners don't support overburning. Try using VirtualDubMod - not the original VirtualDub, and when you get the error message on loading your xvid, click on the don't change anything option and go ahead and split the xvid into two parts.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2005
  4. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

Even my 6X SCSI Yamaha supported overburning. You might also want to check out Nero's short lead out option.

5. sumik

sumik Member

Well the movie is 702mb, so even when it overburns it's still 1mb too big.
    Where can I get this VirtualDubMod ?