1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help with my DVD Burner

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by fsut181, Feb 26, 2005.

1. fsut181

fsut181 Member

I've read a lot of threads on this site, and everyone on here was amazingly knowledgable. Thought I'd throw this out there to see if anyone has any ideas. I purchased a Pacific Digital DVD Burner from Sam's. It worked fine at first but has since been able to burn anything. When I hook it into my computer (Sony Vaio NV170) or my Thinkpad, it can "see" that the DVD Drive is there but cannot read ANY disks. (I have tried successfully burned disks, movies I have purchased, CD's, and nearly everything I could think of. It shows them as blank and says, eventually "Windows cannot read from this disk. The disk might be corrupted, or it could be using a format this is not compatible with Windows." Thank you for ANY help you can provide!

2. dvdripdvd

dvdripdvd Regular member

Buying a Pacfic Digital was the first mistake. I bought it one time and it became useless in playing dvds but it played cds perfectly. I/O Magic works perfectly. Its about the same price and it burns dual layered dvds. their is a thread somewhere in afterdawn that gives you every thing you need to check for but i can't find it. but from what i can remember:

1)Go to the control panel and click on performance and maintainence
    2)Administrative tools and then computer management.
    3)Event Viewer and then System.

Look for "Warning" under type and "cdrom" under source. double click on it and click on the internet site on it. It will show you what the possible problem is.