1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help with my Guy Game backup

Discussion in 'User submitted guides' started by kroqjroq, Jul 10, 2005.

1. kroqjroq

kroqjroq Member

I made a backup of The Guy Game using the split option on whinhex. The backup loads perfectly except the videos skip a lot. Would this problem be fixed if i used better DVD media?? I am using Phillips DVD+R.

Someone help!! thanx.

2. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

Hey hows it going,yeah the guy game there are a couple of methods you can try out.There is a tool called C.M.P patcher 1.1 made by Sonix that can patch the IOPRP.img file located in the game.I think the best method you can probably do is extract all the files from the game using a tool called IsoBuster or Apache2 whichever one you prefer.Use the C.M.P patcher program made by Sonix and select the Dvd-9 to Dvd-5 option then open up the IOPRP.img file in the program.It will patch the file for you,then looking at the file structure in IsoBuster or Apache2 rebuild your image file with Sony Cd/Dvd Rom Generator using the filelist you get from IsoBuster or Apache2.If you need help let me know ok,the split option works pretty good but a patch should probably be applied to make the game fully work.If you want there is a filelist of how to compile the game on http://www.swapmagicfix.com also.

Peace L-Burna

3. solargame

solargame Regular member

ya what l-burna said should probably work. thats what i would recomend.

4. fdc1970

fdc1970 Member

Greetings, where can I find the C.M.P patcher 1.1?

5. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

6. solargame

solargame Regular member

Sonix has been pretty helpful in the PS2 scene for a while, remember when they made the God of War Fix, that was like a holiday, hey L-Burna, do you remember who made the fix for Gran Turismo 4, was it Sonixs or something else?

7. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

The only people that I know that have been successful with GT4 so far are Neness(GT4L1.VOL extractor),Toolboy(GT4 on the harddrive method),Toxic Team(with the Toxic patch for Dvd-9 support on any other modchip besides DMS chips that support Dvd-9),and TRD(The split operation,and using the Toxic patch)but Sonix has brought himself to work on GT4 recently and is making some pretty good progress.The reason Sonix hasn't been working on any games recently is because he is working on a tool that is going to be awesome.It is an updated version from his Apache series,which will be a suite for backing up games for PS2,Xbox,and GameCube and also has alot more abilities that I honestly really have no clue about at the moment to be honest.It is pretty cool though,and I can't wait to see the outcome of that tool.Definately look out for Sonix tool Apache3 when it is released.The GOW tool was brilliant,the only flaw in the tool was the limit to be honest when relinking the munge files.It really isn't a big deal,and it really isn't anything major to bring up to be honest.I am happy with the tool the way it is currently,much appreciation on my part to Sonix on that tool and anything he brings to the scene.Sonix has been very helpfull throughout the PS2 scene,and there are more ps2 rippers that are very helpfull that we should look at alot more also.I could name alot of them,but it would be really long.

8. solargame

solargame Regular member

ya, now i remember, it was toxic patch, thanks for reminding me L-Burna.

9. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

Here is what Sonix has so far on a Apache3 update:

I've been getting a few email's recently asking about the progress of Apache3, so I thought I would update everyone on it's progress! So far, here is a list of some of the new functions already coded:

• Create DVD9 ISO images direct from DVD Drive
    • No more switching between layers. Both layers of a DVD9 ISO are displayed on-screen.
    • Compatible with PC ISO files. No longer just a Playstation2 Tool!
    • Xbox Compatible. Opens xbox ISO's just like any other types.
    • GameCube Compatible.
    • Disk Burning Engine Added. (Burns PS2/Xbox/Gamecube/PC images)
    • Extract Xbox ISO Direct to xbox hard drive
    • GameCube ISO Maker
    • Xbox ISO Maker

10. solargame

solargame Regular member

is it released yet, this seems like a very useful tool.

11. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

Nah not yet,but that is what is coded in it at the moment.I am not sure when it will be released,but it is going to be nice for real to use for backing up games an so forth.

12. solargame

solargame Regular member

is it gonna be freeware or licenced software.

13. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

Sonix said it would be freeware,but if I had to pay for it I probably would buy it.You have to think,the abilities displayed already are just part of the program.It isn't finished yet,and I can't wait to actually see it.

14. solargame

solargame Regular member

its like all the best software in one virtually.

15. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

I'm not really sure,would probably have to wait and see what all it could do.I am not really certain at the moment,but the only thing I don't think it can do is backup movies.That would probably have to come from something different I think,but that is just guessing.

16. solargame

solargame Regular member

they should release a beta test version.

17. ShockerOK

ShockerOK Member

per "L-Burna" and "the guy game" there are a couple of methods....

Help!! okay I have been on this since for going on a week now. I have tried all I understand what to do after reading ALOT of forums here and other places. I Have all the tools mentioned already I believe. Anyway the problem as previously stated is that winhex on it's own won't patch the problem of the game freezing at love puppy parade start, upto that the game is fine. So, now I have managed via Apache2 to extract both layer 0 and 1 completely. I then ran the CMP Patcher v1.1 on the IOPREP.IMG file. Now the problem is I have 7.51 GB of files per windows explorer. I am at a loss of "exactly" how to get them back to an .ISO that I'm guessing that would need to have winhex run on it again to get them to fit on a dvd5 disc for my console to run. It seems I am at a stand-still here. Oh, BTW, I finally located $ony cd/dvd Generator v1.50 and am working with it. Still having probs with it and the next steps. And yes, I have been reading all the threads I can on a daily basis for the past several days. Any help Mucho appreciated. Thanks, L8R

** EDIT ** Everything played out fine start to finish, all episodes, BTW, I used the (3) DVD disc method. Someone should write a guide on all this geez... L8R

Last edited: Aug 12, 2005