1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help with my P35 neo combo

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by Jawew, Nov 21, 2007.

1. Jawew

Jawew Member

I bought and installed new hardware to my computer motherboard, (MSI P35 Neo Combo) memory (Transcent AxeRam DDR2 800+ Dual Channel Kit) and power source (Nexus NX500, 500W).
    Now im facing severe problems with my monitor and memories (Propably with motherboard too=). The problem is that i can insert only 1 memory module to slot. If I insert second, the monitor won't show any activity at all. I've tested all my computer parts before and everything seems to be working just fine. It just seems that there's only one memory module in the whole world that makes my computer work fine.
    During start-up it shows error message whitch says: Last memory over clocking failed - or something like that.

Can you guys help me?

2. Waymon3X6

Waymon3X6 Regular member

Then the memory that you got is DOA. The only way to fix it is to send it back for a replacement.

3. Jawew

Jawew Member

i tested with G-Skill ddr2 800 dual channel kit also.
    Didn't work out

4. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

It'll be a faulty memory slot on the motherboard. That can happen sometimes.

5. Jawew

Jawew Member

Yea. Going to get it tested today. The thing that bothers me in this matter is why that one memory module can work on both slots but when i insert 2nd module in, my monitor won't show any action