1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help with Nero 7

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by Tarheel49, May 4, 2007.

1. Tarheel49

Tarheel49 Member

Any help you can give me, I'd appreciate it.. I have Nero 7, and when I first started using it, it was fine, worked great.. But now, it won't burn .AVI files anymore.. It won't even finish transcoding them.. It will transcode for a few hours or a few minutes, and I get the "Burn process failed" message. It does this for EVERY .avi file.. It won't burn .mpg files anymore either.. It completely transcodes the file, and that's it. It stops after transcoding, it won't burn. The timer in the overall progress bar still goes, but nothing happens. I've left it alone for 11 hours once, and still nothing. I've uninstalled and reinstalled Nero so many times now, I've lost count. It burns CD's fine, but it just won't do DVD's anymore. I use DVD-R, like I always have. The burning drive is Memorex DVD -+ RAM 525G V1. And Nero is the only "burning" software I have installed. If anyone can help me out, I appreciate it.

2. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Do you have a log file you can post? It will usually say something like 'burn failed do you want to save the log?'.

Which version of 7 are you using - like 7.8.5.0?

You can also try doing it in 2 steps. Have Vision save the file to your hard drive. Then use Burning Rom or Express to burn the file.