1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need help with nero/dvd express

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by drcartman, Feb 25, 2005.

1. drcartman

drcartman Member

Help,I am learning this whole home video capture deal and have run into a great deal of problems. I am capturing my home movies to ads tech dvd express,no problems capturing,but when i go to nero 6.6 and go to the make dvd option here is where the problem lies. I can get the whole video to burn to disc,file size approx 3.3 gigs but when nero goes to finalize disc it gets a can not close disc error and disc will not work on anyplayer. here is the real trick,I can burn the same video to a dvd-rw and it burns and closes just fine. I just can't get them to a regular dvd-r. I am using memorex 8x dvd-r(the gold spool) and am burning at slowest speed(2x). all help is appreciated!!!

2. drcartman

drcartman Member

help!!!!!!

3. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Yeah throw out those memorex and get some real Disks!!

I'm sorry but those are one of the worst brands of media you could possibly have. Really try a different brand of media or you can give a shot at updating the firmware for your DVD writer first it can't hurt and it could help :)

4. drcartman

drcartman Member

what do you think about the taiyos? are they any good? I have had lots of probs with the memorex,was thinking of switching to sony or fuji.

5. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Taiyo Yudens are the best!! That is all I use now. I used to expirement with all different brands, but I havent bought any other brand in the last 3 months or so..

Try updating your firmware first though.. What is the make and model of your burner?

Last edited: Feb 25, 2005
  6. drcartman

drcartman Member

It's a lite on sohw-832s,i just downloaded the latest firmware update for it tonight,trying a test burn now on a maxxell cd(only store open was walmart and that was best they had) :( I just can't figure out why the rw's worked ok,they was memorex too.

7. drcartman

drcartman Member

ok,same problem with new disc type and new firmware,unable to create disc structure,everything else goes just fine til the end :( i am getting alot of coasters around here.

8. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

9. drcartman

drcartman Member

just downloaded the adaptec file,do not have incd at this time,using nerovision express 3,will go download incd now

10. Zerobluex

Zerobluex Guest

What is the best brand dvd, I would like to know. I so far have used memorex, tdk, and maxell. Just curious about which is the best or the one that works good.

11. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

NO NO dont use InCD I should have clarified that!!!

I was suggesting if you had InCD to get rid of it not to go get it...

12. drcartman

drcartman Member

oh,ok got it on pc but never used it. i did have the burn at once box checked on the nero when burning disc,i wonder if that is the cause of my problems?

13. drcartman

drcartman Member

Ok,problem solved!!!!!Who would have thought it would be something so dang simple,I am going to go pretend i am an ostrich and stick my head in the mud cause I feel like a complete idiot,ha,ha,ha Would you believe the problem was the burn at once button,turned it off and it burned just fine,even used elcheapo memorex dvd.