1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help With Nero Please

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by Bd_Blues, Jan 10, 2005.

1. Bd_Blues

Bd_Blues Guest

I Was Working Through Your Tutorial On Burning Mpeg Files To Disc.

http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/nero_videocd_guide.cfm

I Bought A Capture Card And Software (DVD Express W/ Ulead Videostudio 7 SE DVD Software) On Friday. I Have Managed To Capture And Edit Three Hrs Of Video With No Problem. Burning It To Disc However Has Me Pulling My Hair Out Of My Head. There Burning Engine Keeps Telling Me Disc Is Not Ready.

So I Went To Old Faithful (So I Thought) Nero. (BTW These Are MPEG 1 Files Around 500 MB). Ok I Got One To Burn Successfully (So I Thought). When I First Tried To Open The File From CD Rom WMP Opened However The File Would Not. Progress Bar Just Said Searching For Media.

Ok My Main Problem Besides Not Having A Clue About Ripping, Is Making Copies Of These Files I Have Captured. Like I Said Above I Have Been Successful A Few Time Burning Files To CD. However Today I Am Failing Again :O( The Same Files Will Not Write To Disc Nor Can I Copy Them From Disc To Disc.

So I Went Searching And Found Your Tutorial. When I Get To The Add Files Phase I Get This Mgsbox

[​IMG]

I Have Chosen All Three Cmdbuttons And The Only One I Get Results With Is Re Encode The File. After This EXSTEAMLY Long Process The Only Thing On The Disc Is Five Folders I’m Clueless About.
    [​IMG]

I Really Need To Get This Done I Need To Get To Point Were I Can Burn These Files Whenever Someone Asks For Them. They Are Training Videos For A Hurricane Relief Project In Fla.

Any Help Would Be Great

Thx-A-Bunch
    Rob W

2. Bd_Blues

Bd_Blues Guest

Howdy I Still Need Help With This If Anyone Has The Time. I Am Totally Lost Here.

Thx Rob W

3. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

A possibility is running TMPGenc; choose File___MPEG Tools, go yo Merge & Cut (for example), load the movie and save as type: MPEG-1 Video-CD.
    Probably it's just a question of header.
    If not you need to Re-encode it to (NTSC/PAL) (Super) Video CD with TMPGenc (slooow).