1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help with re-install of MS XP Pro on a Sony Vaio PCV-RZ32G machine

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by AZGiovann, Dec 17, 2009.

1. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

sweet as,once it's all up & running see if you can access a data disc on the cd-rom from within windows if not it's kaput,which would explain why you couldn't boot the xp disc with it,since all you've done is switch places with the DVD Drive looking at post 5

2. AZGiovann

AZGiovann Member

OK so some new issues that unfolded.

1. I put a data disc in the CD-ROM and no go, so thinking you are correct in that it's done
    2. I can not see the DVD-RW or CD-ROM in windows explorer view
    3. Downloaded what I believe to be the driver/patch for this "known" issue at there site http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/swu-download.pl?mdl=PCVRZ32G&upd_id=2031&os_id=7 and still can not view them?
    4. Downloaded Daemon Tools Lite emulator, and also can not see this in windows explorer?

Any ideas?

3. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

No idea it makes no sense if BIOS can see drive but windows can't once booted.XP usually comes with all the drivers since they are standardized,only comment i can make is disconnect the cd-rom & see if dvd appears

4. AZGiovann

AZGiovann Member

It doesn't show up as I had the CD-ROM disconnected while downloading updates and connected it at very end.

It's odd that Daemon doesn't show up either?