1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need help with rempeg2

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by timmshady, Nov 10, 2002.

1. timmshady

timmshady Guest

i'm trying to shrink the file size of a movie for the first time using rempeg but i think i must have done something wrong. the movie is orange county. first i ripped the movie only to the hard drive with dvd decrypter. it was still too big so with ifoedit i took out all the extra languages and stuff. no problems there but still just a tad too big. in ifoedit i created a cffl file. so with rempeg2 i opened my new cffl file, chose all my settings, used 90% by the way, and then pressed encode. 11 and a half hours later it gave me another cffl file that was like 4.06 gigs. file size is fine now but now what do i do with this cffl file? did i do something wrong because other posts say that i should have gotten an m2v file or something? what should i do from this point? thanks everyone

2. seamonkey

seamonkey Regular member

after you create the cffl file, open it with rempeg2. let it process. once it is done, change your settings to what you calculatedo r dvdcalc did, and then hit encode and save the file as MOVIE.M2V (you can name it whatever, jsut make sure to save with the .m2v extension. After this gets done transcoding, you need to rejoin this video accordingly so you can have chapter and etc. open the VTS_01_1.ifo file and choose vob options. put a check next to Remux, uncheck the two below it (strip stream ids, stip VODids), make sure to check the correct vob-unit and correct original IFO files. I also create new ifo files. Then choose a directory to save the vob and ifo files to and then choose your .m2v file you created with rempeg2. once it gets done, hopefully it works.. beware of warner bros movies and rempeging.. see the other guides for info about that..
    peace
    seamonkey420