1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need help with the XBIT

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by Ksass, Jun 28, 2004.

1. Ksass

Ksass Member

hey

i am a noob to this whole mod scene. i wanted to get an XBIT because i have to knowledge of how to solder and am in fear of screwing over my xbox.

i need help im confused about how to flash my chip and the dip switches and all of that. i've been reading other people's posts and i think i will need the Xecuter bios.

and im guessing i need the latest version of evoX. i have a version of it, but not quite sure. i even made a ISO. but im confused. please help me

thank you...

2. ksman13

ksman13 Member

3. Scotsmen

Scotsmen Guest

Hi

In My opinion depending on the model of your xbox i would recommend the xenium mochip with a no solder adaptor, this chip boots its own operating system and can read a evox type bios from a disc or via a network if you have one.And best of all for the noob NO dip switches everything done from within the chips own operating system. And due to this operating system you can never have a non-booting mochip as long as its still physically working.

Once you have a evox style bios on your chip and its boots said bios your next trial is to install your chosen dashboard "the main point of a modchip"

There is a nice tut on this forum on burning evox correctly. once this is done its just a case of booting the evox disc and installing the dashboard to your xbox hdd.

As a side note you could get an installer tool such as "firefuckers" this is downloadable in an iso format already so you only need to burn it properly and boot to it and viola you have a VERY VERY cabable system.

Regards