1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need help with the xenium os2

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by spike1969, Aug 14, 2004.

1. spike1969

spike1969 Member

right where do i start
    iv installed my xenium ice solderless no problem booted up got the xenium screen no problem
    but i cant seem to flash it iv got the bios
    made an iso on a cd-rw even tried burning onto a dvd-r rebooted for the disc to load went into the place where i have to flash but noticedtheres no d drive iv tried so many different ways to do this but still no good even tryied makeing an iso of slayers with craxtion 4 and i just get an error
    i cant ftp because i have no network card
    what can i do

2. Jack211

Jack211 Member

I have the same chip and I am having the exact same problem. Any help would be great.

3. andrewb15

andrewb15 Member

When I installed my Xenium Ice I inserted my bios cd first, clicked Launch, then clicked 'add new item' from 'Flash' and selected the D drive and clicked the *.bin file.

(NB. you should first install the M$ bios from you TSOP before anything else.)

If the D drive is not displayed then:

- there is no DVD drive connected or broken
    - there is no disc in the DVD drive
    - the disc in the DVD drive is unreadable due to poor media or incorrect formating.
    - the disc is a multi session disc (sometimes works)

------------------------------------------------------

Dont worry about burning to an iso for this you just want to create a bog standard data cd-r.

Using a HIGH quality CD-R open up your CD burning program (ie. Nero) and dump everything that you want to be able to put on your xbox on that CD (ie, Bios's, Dashboards, Tools, Files).

Then burn the CD as a no-multisession finalised CD, Make sure that the format is 'MODE ONE' and that the write method is 'DISC AT ONCE/96'

Hope this helps/works

A

4. Jack211

Jack211 Member

I have tried all of this but the dvd rom will not read cd-r, cd-rw, it will only read dvd-r +r. But even with that it still wont load the bios. It says file too large. I tried a 256k file and a 512k file.

5. spike1969

spike1969 Member

try putting in a different dvd drive to get the bios on its what i did and it worked

6. Jack211

Jack211 Member

Do you mean, put a different DVD rom like out of a PC in to the xbox? If so the power plugs are different , right, how would i do that? Thanks in advance for all of your help thus far!

7. Jack211

Jack211 Member

Thank You so much for all of your help Spike1969!!! It worked swapping the dvd rom!! But now I am having trouble ftping my pc to xbox so I can put the dashboard in. When I open fxp, connect to xbox, sent evox.ini(after I correct the ip address), send xbe file but nothing happens on the xbox. I look on the the c: drive and see it but it wont load the dash. Any ideas on that?

8. spike1969

spike1969 Member

yes burn the dashboard to disk which one you using and this would be easyer to help if you contacted me on spikesindustry@hotmail.com

9. studlyami

studlyami Member

i am having the same problem. IF you can ftp over do you ave to have the disk to boot it up first? I have all the files on my c drive of my xbox and when i launch my bios it turns off 1 sec later, then turns back on but nothing happends after that.

10. djboogie

djboogie Regular member

the easiest way is to load all the files to your xbox by using an auto installer
    there are many avaiable, (slayers, firefuckers, and older (but good) ones like xaviers)
    but my favourite is xbox-hq installer
    its great
    all these installers set up your xbox for you, you dont need to ftp to a pc to setup the hdd and dash, they include the ms dashboards,and locking apps too.