1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NEED HELP WITH VCR VIDEO CAPTURE

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by bigrob219, Feb 25, 2004.

1. bigrob219

bigrob219 Guest

Hi, everyone I need some help. I'm capturing movies from my vcr with my dazzle box. The problem is that a 2 hour movie ends up being split into like 8 different files each being several gigs. obviously this can't fit onto one dvd. what do i need to do to get these 8 files well over a gig onto 1 dvd?

2. taclark

taclark Guest

You could use DVD Shrink (Re-author method) adding the files consecutively. The compression may be a bit much though.

You might also consider different capture settings in Dazzle (although I have not used that product).

If you can't live with the compression or lower quality settings on your capture, you may want to consider 1 hour per DVD.

_X_X_X_X_X_[small]If you think education is expensive, try ignorance. Help! Please educate me.[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2004
  3. bigrob219

bigrob219 Guest

problem is the program i use doesn't really let you alter that to much.

4. taclark

taclark Guest

From FAQ:

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/5540

Q: I have this DV home movie I wish to put on DVD, what do I do?

A: Transfer it to PC, encode it using some of the MPEG-2 encoders (TMPGEnc, CCE SP) into DVD-compliant MPEG-2 format (like 720x480/576), author it (using some of the zillion DVD authoring tools like SpruceUp, DVDIt, MyDVD, Scenarist, etc) and burn it to DVD-/+R(W).