1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help with Vegas

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by victrola, May 7, 2004.

1. victrola

victrola Member

I just got Vegas 4.0 and DVD Architect and it seems simple enough, but there is 2 important things I need some help with:

1. How can I cut a mpeg movie up to make it separate files?

2. How can I make a bunch of mpeg into one big mpeg

thanks, im really new to this

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

For Cutting and Joining Mpeg files you should not use Vegas Video because it is More for Editing AVI files and when editing Mpeg files with Vegas Video you will allways loose Quality when you make the new file and it will take Many Hours to render....
    The Best way to Cut and Join Mpeg files so that you do not Loose all of the Quality and so it doesn"t take Forever to render is to use a Real Mpeg editor Like "Womble Mpeg2VCR" or "Womble Mpeg Video Wizard"...
    The Mpeg format is not meant to be edited because it is Highly compressed which means the the Files have to be re-compressed when ever you edit them useing a Stanadard NLE Like Vegas and the re-compression totally degrades the Quality of the Output file, But what editors that are meant for Mpeg editing do is Just Cut ,Copy and Paste the Files you are editing without decompressing them so they do not need to be re-encoded to make the new file....I would advise you to get a proper Mpeg editor for Editing Mpeg files and use Vegas for it is meant for which is mostly editing DV AVI files or Low compression AVI files and it is good for converting files to different formats....Cheers
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]It"s better to be Pissed Off than Pissed On!!![/small]

Last edited: May 8, 2004