1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need help with xbmc..

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by addicted2, Jan 23, 2007.

1. addicted2

addicted2 Member

my xbox is softmodded with splintercell loads to evox and stock hdd. i am leaving the stock hdd just because i am gonna use this xbox just for a juke box. anyways heres my problems.
    i dounlaoded xbmc from the net, got it ftp'ed to the xbox in e:\apps.

when i go to use it i cant even find xbmc on the dashboard at all. so how do i sue it when i need it? i have looked all over this board and just cant seem to find my answer. please help i just need to know how to use this app.

thank you very much for any and all help..

later

add

2. knockemv2

knockemv2 Regular member

ok yea just ftp xbmc in the apps folder in the e. but check the .xbe of xbmc make sure it says default.xbe

3. krj15489

krj15489 Active member

you probably downloaded the source code and not the program go to xbins and get the binary version then ftp to you xbox. then you will be able to see it in you dash. then you can change you dash to xbmc by moving the files from the dashboard folder and replacing them with the xbmc files

4. addicted2

addicted2 Member

this is the file i downloaded and it was around 190mb XBMC-2.0.0-FINAL-FAT-T3CH with 2028 files and 181 folders. i hope it was the correct one (lol) it took like almost 4 hrs to ftp it over to my xbox..

if its not the correct one can you give me the name of the one i need and i will search for it on a torrent and start over??

thanks guys for the info..

later

add

5. knockemv2

knockemv2 Regular member

if its not the right one pm me and ill send u the right one myself

6. addicted2

addicted2 Member

i would be more then happy to start all over.. i will send you a pm now.

thanks for your help on this matter knockemv2.. i really appreciate it..

later

add

7. knockemv2

knockemv2 Regular member

ok i replied to ur pm go read it

8. Allegro1

Allegro1 Regular member

An easier fix is to download AutoInstaller Deluxe or Slayers Evox installer, burn a DVD and you'll have everything you need to install XBMC (and lots of other applications) straight to your Xbox from its own drive. XBMC should install in a few minutes (or less) from the DVD.

9. addicted2

addicted2 Member

hi allegro1..i have tried to burn aid and for some reason my xbox would not read the disk. i belive i burnt it to dvd but i could be wrong on that part. does it make a difference what type of dvd(dvd+r,dvd-r,dvdrw) and when i burn it what settings will i need to set nero at? thanks for the help

later

add

10. Allegro1

Allegro1 Regular member

Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

I think DVD-R is the "most compatable" out of the box. If your DVD burner is capable of bitsetting, you should set your burn to DVD-ROM. That way, when you burn a DVD+R, players will read it as if it were a DVD-ROM, not a DVD+/-R(W).

1. Open Nero Burning Rom
    2. Under Recorder select "Choose Recorder" (CTRL+R)
    3. On the bottom of this page select "Options"
    4. Select "DVD-rom" from the drop down menu "Book Type Settings"

I usually have success with either DVD+R or -R, I just make sure I burn at 2X or 2.4X, not max speed (8-16X).

11. addicted2

addicted2 Member

i burnt aid3 to dvd+r and it shows that there is around 64mb of info on the disk, but when i put it in my xbox it says in the top right corner no disk. so my xbox wont read it or i burnt it wrong. when i was in nero i burt it at 4x,nero burning rom,dvd-rom(iso) it took only about 5 mins to burn. so what am i doing wrong on burning the disk??

it is rough on being a somewhat newbie(lol)i can softmod,add bigger hdd,and put games and erase them with no problem but tring to get this xbmc working is starting to drive me craaaaaazy.lol..

add

12. Allegro1

Allegro1 Regular member

Start Here:
    http://www.xbox-hq.com/html/modules.php?name=Xbox_Homebrew&cid=1

If you know about #xbins and MIRC, you can get either the torrent or the actual ISO for AID. I think it is several hundred MB in size. Even though it can all fit in a CD, you will have much better chances with a DVD.

I also recall that XBMC may even be a separate downloadable file in XBINS. If you can download just those files, you can FTP it from your computer directly to your XBOX.

13. addicted2

addicted2 Member

ok. i just download aid 3 to my puter and it was 735mb,the folder is in my docs,do i just copy that folder to a dvd+r using nero then i can put it in my xbox and install anything from the disk? correct. my xbox is softmodded and using evox as the dash. this verison of aid3 is a ton bigger then the last aid3 i dounloaded and im wondering if that was the reason why my xbox would not read a disk in the drive.

later and thanks

add

14. Allegro1

Allegro1 Regular member

No!!!!!!!!!!!
    You don't just copy an ISO onto a DVD. You have to burn the DVD with the ISO burning utility. Plopping an ISO onto media just puts the ISO image into a DOS file. Burning an ISO image onto the disk puts the image onto the Disk so that whatever the target drive reads, it reads it in its native format. That's how you can get a MAC to burn a PC disk or a PC to burn an xbox disk. You can use the verify function on Nero, but if your PC can read the disk after you burn it, you burned it incorrectly.

15. addicted2

addicted2 Member

ok,i have'nt burnt this one yet. please bear with me here. i went back a few replys and set the nero to what ya told me to then whats next, in the left hand collum there is a list of i guess ways to burn dvds, the 1st one is dvd-rom(iso)2nd dvd copy 3rd dvd video 4th dvd-rom (boot) 5th dvd-rom (udf) 6th dvd-rom(udv/iso), which one of those do i use and then what would be after that? this is the first time i used nero that why i dont fully understand it just yet on how to burn a disk to work in the xbox.

thanks again allegro1

add

16. addicted2

addicted2 Member

i dont get it.. i burnt aid3 to dvd disk using nero at 4x speed, i put the disk in my xbox,when it checks the disk evox reads it as unknown,so i try to play it and nothing,next i went in dvd2xbox just to see if it reads it and after it checks the drive partiions it reads the disk as iso. so what the heck am i doing wrong???????and i also set my xbox to aout launch dvds but i still cant get it to work.
    is there a step by step tut for this???

thanks again

add

17. addicted2

addicted2 Member

heres another ?.. when i open the folder up i see 26 files that look like 3 books stacked on top ov each other. do i need to extract them or something or just burn them like they are in the folder??

add

18. knockemv2

knockemv2 Regular member

first right right click them and choose extract here and then get a program called xiso to make the iso out of the files then once the iso is made get another program called dvd decrypter and use that program to burn the dvd r for u then just put it in ur xbox

19. addicted2

addicted2 Member

ok..could somebody please point me to tut on how to burn aid3 to a dvd? i have tried so many way now and i am tired of just wasting dvd+r. i have aid3 sitting on my desktop and it is in size (1.5gb) now if thats the wrong size please lmk what size it should be. then i have dvd decrypter also sitting on my desktop and nero 7. all i need is a good tut so i can get it on disk. please point me in the correct direction and i will go from there. Thank you very much for any and all help. i know that a few of you have tried to help me in this thread and i have tried to understand the info and have tried very hard to get it work but everytime i put one of the disks in my xbox it will eather read the disk as unknown or no disk in tray.

thanks and so sorry if i am ticking anybody off..it is not amy intintions i just want aid3 on a disk.

later

add

20. JOHNSTARR

JOHNSTARR Regular member

If you have dvd decrypter installed on your computer, just double click the a.i.d iso and decrypter will pop up ready to burn.(BURN AT 4X)

Now your problem is with the plus dvd's. Most xboxes don't read them or at least my experience, I have never been sucessful. You can try to booktype you plus to minus but i'm not sure that will work. If you have an office max in your area, they might still have verbatims on sale for 12.99$ for a 50 pack. (My personal fav.)

http://www.aideluxe.com/manuals_aid30_04.html#chapter

Last edited: Jan 28, 2007