1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need help writing an mpeg2 file directly to DVD

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by ynotony, Sep 22, 2004.

1. ynotony

ynotony Member

I need help ASAP to this problem that will hopefully have an easy solution.

To save Fedex time, instead of mailing DVD's to my employer I have decided to just upload the mpeg2 file (created with nero "burn to hard drive" function) to their office and have them burn the DVD's there. I need a easy program that will burn the mpeg2 directly to a DVD without any goofy menu's or anything but must be able to LOOP playback.

Is there an easy way to do it in nero? DVD decrypter does not let me burn anything other than disc images...i think? adobe premiere fusks up imported mpeg2. ANY OTHER SIMPLE PROGRAMES that will take an mpeg2 file and burn to DVD? money is not an object.

Thank you for anyone that responds.

2. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

Why not convert to VOB file format from MPEG-2 using TMPGenc DVD Author.. that way it is an actual DVD that will be readable in any/all DVD Players (because not all read MPEG-2).

30 day free trial of TMPGenc DVD Author : http://www.pegasys-inc.com/en/product/tda.html

Hope this helps

3. bumps

bumps Member

i need help so bad, i got a couple of dvds on my comp and i got some disk, the films are mpeg layer3 how do i get them onto dvd so that they can play on a normal dvd players, i got a dvd r/w and nero , i tryed my nero but it didnt work, after 2 hours of wat i fought was downloading, it displayed an error msg, but didnt say wat the error was plz help :(

4. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

You really havfen't made sense there 'bumps' ... if you have DVDs on your comp ... all you need to do is burn them w/ Nero Burning Rom in DVD-Video mode !

But if you have mpegs then you will need to encode them to MPEG-2 [dvd compliant] ... so they are the correct screen resolution & 48,000 Hz audio (I use Nero to burn w/ but I wouldn't trust it to do encoding for me ... even tho it can perform such a task ... would be NeroXpress 2].
    Once you've encoded to MPEG-2 use TMPGenc DVD Author as descibed above in my first post :c)

Hope this helps you out - HERBS

5. ynotony

ynotony Member

I have a VOB and mpeg2 version of the video....but i need a program that will BURN the VOB files to a DVD. Just the video, no menu system, and looping. Nero lets me do no menu but it crashes when you get to the obligatory "preview" mode.

6. Adder01

Adder01 Regular member

ynotony,

From what you say it sounds like the original source of this data is a DVD...so we want to get from a DVD (with menus?) to a looping non-menu DVD at the other end...all over email. Right?

You could use DVD Shrink to re-author it without menus. This would give it to you as VOBs on your harddrive.
    If you send these then Nero/DVD Decrypter/whatever can be used to write the VOBs to a DVD.

The tricky bit is the looping.
    You can use IfoEdit...
    http://forum.digital-digest.com/archive/topic/35776-1.html

But thats a bit fiddly. Something like DVD Lab can probably do it...but I haven't tried it.

Adder.

7. bumps

bumps Member

THANKS ILL TRY THAT MWAHHHH ;)