1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by jman21, Aug 8, 2004.

1. jman21

jman21 Member

Hi, i'm a newbie to all this so sorry if this is a stupid question and all. I've just started using tmpgenc to make my movie into a .mpeg. The problem is that i've tried encoding it once, and at the start it said 70 hours remaining but the preview showed that the movie was encoding pretty fast. I waited around 15 hours and i saw that the preview screen had froze right at the end of the movie and it had encoded all of it, but it said theres still 50 hours remaining. I aborted it to see if the encoding would stop and i could just check out the movie. It got deleted so i had to start all over again. Is this supposed to happen or whats happening

Last edited: Aug 8, 2004
  2. jman21

jman21 Member

Hi, i'm a newbie to all this so sorry if this is a stupid question and all. I've just started using tmpgenc to make my movie into a .mpeg. The problem is that i've tried encoding it once, and at the start it said 70 hours remaining but the preview showed that the movie was encoding pretty fast. I waited around 15 hours and i saw that the preview screen had froze right at the end of the movie and it had encoded all of it, but it said theres still 50 hours remaining. I aborted it to see if the encoding would stop and i could just check out the movie. It got deleted so i had to start all over again. Is this supposed to happen or whats happening

3. karen2003

karen2003 Regular member

Please post your system specs (type of PC, processor & speed, HD space, RAM, type of burner, etc.). I don't think anything should take 70 hours so sounds like something's going on with your system.

4. jman21

jman21 Member

I have a windows XP, pentium 4, 37.2 GB, uh i donno what ram is lol, and i use Roxio easy cd and dvd creator

5. jman21

jman21 Member

the weird thing is that the movie finishes after 15 hours...thanks in advance if somebody could help me with this

Last edited: Aug 8, 2004
  6. jman21

jman21 Member

can anybody please help?

7. karen2003

karen2003 Regular member

I think for someone to help you, you would still have to give us a LOT more info. We need exact system specs (go to control panel & click on system & you'll see lots of specs under the "General" tab including how much RAM you have, how fast your processor is, etc.), exactly the steps you went through in TMPGENC (which I've never used so I personally can't help you with that but there are a lot of people on these forums who use it), what kind of movie it is (i.e., are you trying to make your own home movie from videos? from a digital camcorder? or are you trying to back up a DVD?). Give us all the info you can think of. When you don't get answers, that usually means the people reading your questions don't have enough info to help.