1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need help

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by brumbrum, Jan 24, 2007.

1. brumbrum

brumbrum Member

i have a compaq presario V2000 laptop and today i took it apart to put an extra stick of ram in, i then took out the harddrive to see what it looked like then put it back. i put everything exactly the way it was and now whenever i turn it on it screws up.

i can see my profile at the start screen, but when i click on it says

"windows cannot load the users profile but has logged you on with the default profile for the system

DETAIL - insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service"

then once it gets on it says cannot load all diffent file paths and it says all the options are security blocked..

any help or suggestions?!?

Thanks,
    Kieren

2. Morph416

Morph416 Active member

Carefully, remove the new memory stick and reboot the system. See if it's still having the problem.

3. brumbrum

brumbrum Member

still the same thing..

so you rekon it has nothing to do with the HD?

EDIT: I have also tried last known sucessful boot (same thing) and hard drive self check (which came up as %100 fine)

EDIT 2: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/246936 this sort of explains whats happening. but its definitely not the problem

lol EDIT 3: i just remembered i accidentally turned it on when there was no ram in there, it started beeping really loud so i pulled out the cord and it went to stand by, then i turned it off by holding in the power button. (i was picking it up and my finger slipped.)

Last edited: Jan 24, 2007
  4. brumbrum

brumbrum Member

please i need help, i dont want to spend $50 to get some guy to fix it

5. brumbrum

brumbrum Member

ok theres something else interesting here. the system idle process is running at 97 CPU.

perhaps it thinks its idle still and disabled everything?

6. Morph416

Morph416 Active member

The System Idle Process is literally nothing...a small service that keeps tabs on the CPU cycles.

One thing you can do...is create a new user profile. It seems that the one you were using may have been corrupted somehow.

7. brumbrum

brumbrum Member

i cant get into user accounts, it says:

C:\windows\system32\rundll32.exe

Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item

8. brumbrum

brumbrum Member

problem fixed. I ended up formating my HD with the XP cd and reinstalling windows.

-THREAD CLOSED-