1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need help

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by justamem2, Jul 11, 2007.

1. justamem2

justamem2 Member

Im really sorry if this is posted on here already but I looked and couldnt find it.

I have been trying to softmod my xbox for about a week now upgrading the hd to a 250gb western digital. I am using the xboxhdm cd with the slayer files and my eeprom is in the folder. I got the eeprom from the hd that I copied over and during that my actual hd broke for some reason, just wont turn on or start up anymore so im figuring its fried. so i put all the files on it and it builds all the drives and such... and i restart and go to lock it and it says 'dont know how to get password???' so I came here. I had another harddrive same as the one im trying to upgrading now and I used the dos tools to lock it and couldnt get it re-unlocked because it gave me a error 6 when i plugged it in so i brought it back to get this one. Now im afraid to use the dos tools again figuring its going to lock and not allow me to unlock it again. Am I using the wrong eeprom? or does it need to be somewhere else but in the eeprom folder on the disk?

2. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

Use my tutorials, click my name...

3. justamem2

justamem2 Member

I did and didnt find any that help me, sorry which one did you mean? Im trying to lock this hd

4. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

Use a program called 'LiveInfo' to check your eeprom. It will tell you the serial number of your Xbox. If it matches the one on the sticker underneath your Xbox, you have the right one!

Use my guide on softmodding to ensure you softmod correctly. As for locking\unlocking...

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/529093

5. justamem2

justamem2 Member

so i decided to lock it with unlockx and putting in a password I still know that was the hdpasswordisablekey or somthing like that and then got the error 6 so I tried to put it back in unlockx and it wouldnt let me get back in to put the password to unlock it again so once again im stuck =(

6. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

I really can't stress this enough...

DO NOT TYPE PASSWORDS INTO XBOX HARD DRIVES!!!

This process is dangerous and only leaves you with a paperweight almost everytime!

Your Error 6 is due to using the INCORRECT password. You now need to use a program to again unlock it with the INCORRECT password!

7. justamem2

justamem2 Member

what program should I use to unlock it? I have the correct password I am sure of it. Just need to know where to type it in. :) for some reason the DOS (#4 on xboxhdm) wont recognize that harddrive anymore... is it time to bring it back to circuit city again? :p

8. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

Read above post!

9. justamem2

justamem2 Member

so i figured out.. thanks to chunkhead the command is lockhd -a and i was typing lockhd a lol so if anyone gets that dont know how to get password??? error... its that, god i feel stupid =p

10. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

All is calm in the kingdom once again!

lol