1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need help

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by desmondy, Oct 31, 2007.

1. desmondy

desmondy Member

hi i live in ireland just got the box last week set it up ok have about 150ch working it through n## how can i set it up that i can record one thing and look at another i also have a connection going out to another tv in another room can i get all the channels out there or just the basic n## channels can anyone give me step by step instructions that i can print out with pictures if its possible thanks.

2. jbvideo

jbvideo Regular member

Hi
    Unless your box is the pvr version with two tuners and a hard drive inside it you can only record the channel you are watching or watch the channel you are recording. You will be able to get all of the channels on another tv using scart out(but will need a long scart lead) or RF out (coax cable/TV Cable).You shouldn't need a printout and pictures to follow my above explanation of that.
    jbvid

3. desmondy

desmondy Member

thanks jb how would i know if i have a pvr version box and how would you set this up starting where the cable comes in the window going through the video and taking the connection for tv in next room and that tv be seprate from the first one .thanks.des.

4. jbvideo

jbvideo Regular member

It will say so on the front of the box (Starview PVR or TheBox)
    Have you opened your manual/User Guide yet? look in your manual on page 9 (rear panel picture) Then look on page 10 and 11(Connection Diagram Pictures) and plug your extension coax lead into number 2 (tv out)and the other end into your VCR or TV input and try it. Read pages 9,10 and 11 till you get it.
    jbvid

5. desmondy

desmondy Member

ok it is the box i have so can i record one station and look at another and can i have it out in the other room on second tv and can they can look at what ever station that they want independent of what im looking at and also would u use the scarts on the box when ur setting up this i have read the manual but it doesnt go into great detail how to set it up i know it gives u three options but it doesnt tell u whitch one to use thanks.des.

6. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

if you have the box, you can only record what ya watch, if you switch the channel, then what your recording will switch, use the search facilty on the site, there is a number of posts about using a video to send your signal to another telly and wireless video senders