1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help

Discussion in 'Android TV boxes (Kodi, XBMC, etc)' started by Genc, Nov 8, 2015.

1. Genc

Genc Newbie

Hi to everyone,
    I wanted to regard everybody in this forum because i just now joined it, and read many of the threads but couldn't find something about my problem. So who ever can help me will be great. I started to use the MX3 android mbox and my issue is the last resporitory file that i am trying to add. Spartan wizard looks something great the last wizard, but it is huge file and after i try to dowload it as it is showing in youtube, and it pops up "storage runing out of space " and sems like it stopes". I bought an micro sd card and placed it at the box and thought maybe it will give me option to download it from the source to the mic sd card, which it didnt happened again it continued to dowloading same way as before.

Thank you for your response and any help will be great.

2. piopat

piopat Active member

hi wizards usually install lots of addons , not just one addon . so this file will probably be to install lots of addons which will affect space .

are you downloading the file via youtube on your computer or youtube on your mx box ? your post is not very clear . your box has a limited amount of storage space , so you need to check how much space you have .

3. paulie57

paulie57 Regular member

Hi guys I have tried a few different builds on pc and found chris1810 to be the best of the bunch , but as piopat says to put one of the builds on mx box takes up a lot of space with addons you don't need , I found with the andriod boxes it's better to put on the individual repository's that suits you so you are not eating up the space ..
    Cheers guys
    Paulie57 ........

4. Genc

Genc Newbie

I am trying to download Spartan wizard and because i am new I was watching on youtube how to install it on my mbox. So as it showes there adding repository and after that install from zip file, at section file manager, which is all set and wizard is there, but when I go and click on it, it starts dowloading the file but it stopes and nothing happenes. The wizard is still there but i can not unzippit completely. While dowloading the zip files, it pop ups at the down corner "u are almost out of storage", so what I am asking is it possible to unzip the file from mbox to usb and than run the file from there? Thank you for your help

5. paulie57

paulie57 Regular member

Genc never tried to run repository or addons from USB as far as I know they have to be installed in to kodi first , may be to run a build such as spartan you might have to delete a lot of stuff in kodi first to free up space as I say I have a build installed in kodi on my pc , but on my mx box , I put in the repository and addons in by choice so as to keep the box running smooth , also have tried spartan , but I found chris1810 to be better , but that's down to personal choice .....
    Cheers
    Paulie57. ...........

6. Genc

Genc Newbie

Thnx Paulie57, chrisb is good one, i like it, but i have another question! Is it possibble for example video add ons removed by them self, for instance after i installed chrisb1810 I hade more videos available when runed first time. After that mboxe gone to freez and had to shout it down. When i came back some videos where missing, i really was searching every where but couldn't find it . Any idea what could it be, thanx for any replay

7. paulie57

paulie57 Regular member

Genc as far as I know addons do not delete themselves you have to manually unistall , if you go video , video addons you see the one you have running if the one you want are not there go to video , video addons , go to the bottom of the list click on get more , you should now have list of A to Z pick the one you are missing and enable them , personally I have about 12 addons enabled some for sport,films,TV etc i found that the system run smoother that way .........
    Cheers
    Paulie57.............