1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need helping splitting one long home movie into chapters

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by lday, Feb 24, 2007.

1. lday

lday Member

Hi there,
    I am completely new at this DVD burning and I haven't seen anything (glancing through the forum) that is the exact problem that I am having. First off, my dad burned all of our VHS tapes from childhood to DVD. When he did it, it all burned into one long movie onto each DVD (no chapters). We have baseball games running into Christmas (not organized at all) I wanted to go back and separate all of them and add subtitles to what each chapter (or separate movie) is. I am losing the audio though. I got a message as I imported that the audio was in AC3 format and if I edit the movie then I will lose the audio. It is especially important for us to keep the sound on these videos. I went to Best Buy and bought Roxio Easy CD & DVD (of course the sales guy said it would work). How do I keep the audio? Thank you for any answers you may be able to give me, especially the inexpensive ones. :)

One more question too, when my dad burned these, he said there was a finalization process he had to put each disc through. I have one disc so far in this batch that I can't view in my computer DVD player, but can view in the home player. All the discs are of +R format, so I know it's not the formatting. He said he may have missed the finalization process. Does that sound like it might be what happened? If so, how can I fix that without mailing him the DVD back and letting him fix it? Thank you for your time. I'm sorry if these questions sound so basic, I'm just a newbie. ;-)

2. rbrock

rbrock Regular member

Pinnacle 10.7 great program for home movies